Sad Discussion Regarding Beards

by turtleturtle 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

So both my wife and I are awake to TTATT. We are still active, patiently waiting for the org to implode. Being active, it is evident this is happening as a quickening.

We were having a discussion regarding shaving & beards. My face always feels horrible for about 24 hours after shaving. Something very unnatural about it to me (and I'm in fair shape but have a rounded face shape). Anyway, she loves beards on me also. I told her one drawback would be that I was worried some of the brothers and sisters would be hesitant to hang out with us as much. We both paused for a sec and I said "Whoa, I can't believe I just said that. That is so sad." She agreed.

Anyway, reminded me that I need to sift out my real friends in the cong and forget about the ones that are that superficial.

• jgnat
  • trujw
    trujw

Turtle to be honest you have no real friends in the Borg. Once you have a beard you will be like a white man having a black wife in 1865. There ain't no middle ground in cults or racist.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

patiently waiting for the org to implode

Are you prepared to go to your grave waiting for this? Its not going anywhere.

I need to sift out my real friends in the cong and forget about the ones that are that superficial

If you are lucky, 1 out of 100 will fit this requirement. Their loyalty will always be to the org, based on the fact that Jesus will slit their throat at Armageddon if they are not.

If your wife is on board, why are you waiting?

Oh, and to your original point, grow the damn beard and live your life.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I grew a goatee and always had a mustashe, went to meeting today first time in about 2 weeks do to sickness and avoidence and yeah the looks. what a joke, i read somewhere that its men of little faith that need rules, So True.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I brought out in a group of Dubs today, that Beards were a requirement under the mosaic law and how Dubs in some other lands can have them. Silence. One sister was saying how beards are immodest

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

I can't grow a beard for anything, so this one's a non-issue for me, except that it goes against free will. I brought out to my wife recently that the Society is kinda hypocrital on this topic. They used to say that it was because they didn't want to be confused with hippies, but that is no longer the case. Every picture shows Jesus and the angels WITH beards, but JWs WITHOUT. She said "it's cultural". I said, "What? Cultural?" C.T. Russell was American and he had a LONG beard. Trust me, it's an argument you can't win.

Check out the "Good News From God" brochure, release at last year's District Convention, particularly page 13. You can download it at jw.org (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/). Even in the "new system", resurrected ones will conform to no beards and to a modern American style of dress.

• Giordano
    Giordano

It's a waste of everyone's time......beards? Your wife is with you?.......get out now! Leave together and make a new life.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Just another level of control they can add to your life. I started growing mine because I hated shaving. Instead of shaving every day and buying expensive blades, I trim it with an electric trimmer about once every two weeks. Of course, with the NHL playoffs I'll be growing it out until the Penguins win or are eliminated.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Turtle - you say that you know ttat and yet you are an "active" witness.

Now I don't get that at all. How can you bear it?

Just grow your beard and FADE out! Who cares what your good JW 'friends' think of your whiskers.

And here's a news flash for you: You have no good JW friends. They will sell you out to the wts in a heartbeat if they suspect you of dabbling in independent thinking. If you can't tell your 'friends' that you visit this site, then they are no friends of yours.

As Giordano says (above) just leave and get on with your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit