Need Help - Parent in ICU

by AudeSapere 39 Replies latest watchtower medical

• talesin
    talesin

My poor, beautiful mountain is all charred. My house still smells like smoke and my lungs are a little tight but all is good.

I'm so sorry, hun. Please know, you are not alone, and we care.

• Mary
    Mary

Hey Aude, I'm so glad to hear your dad's on the mend and glad I could be of some help.

That sucks about the fires in your area, but glad that you're okay.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Glad Dad is ok. Sorry the mountain isn't.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Not sure if these pics will post or not. I just cut-and-pasted them...

These pics were taken from my house -

During the fire:

After the Fire:

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

Aude, my heart goes out to you for all your up against and now the fire.

I met you at the apostaftest in 2012 I think it was. I was with my husband, we stayed in the cabins. We had a nice breakfast together that last day with the Flippers.

My well thoughts are with you.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

@crmsicl - Thank you. I'm not certain that it was me that you met but I sure appreciate your response. I was at the first Tahoe-fest in 2008 and, unfortunately, have not been able attend since then.

But I *do* remember a very nice good-bye meal with a great and diverse group. I think SweetPea's dad was even there with us. Very fond memories.

-Aude.

• amos77
    amos77

Another tragic situation. to JGNAT - thank you for the update on what is allowed. In our day, 30+ years ago, absolutely nothing from blood was permitted. This DF person, in my experience having been out for so long, is that unless DF people have been debriefed/deprogrammed in some way with regard to JW doctrines, they still hold to the same beliefs regardless of how long they have been out. S/He may think it is his/her own conscience, but not so, the brainwashing is alive and firmly planted in his brain. Wish you the best.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

amos77 wrote: 30+ years ago, absolutely nothing from blood was permitted. This DF person, in my experience having been out for so long, is that unless DF people have been debriefed/deprogrammed in some way with regard to JW doctrines, they still hold to the same beliefs

Yes. This is what my parent's thought pattern was. And why I wanted to gently, but firmly explain that things have changed. Actually, I had begun the conversation about 6 months ago. Parent was holding firm to the absolutely No Blood Whatsoever rule, when infact the organization who taught that rule no longer believes it themselves.

And being DF'd does not necessarily mean a person is ungodly. Being depressed and DF'd, refusing blood could actually, in their mind, serve two purposes: (1) end their life and thus their depression, and (2) be one last loyal act to a god they feel has abandoned them along with the org that kicked them out 20 years ago.

I would like to add that my parent is healing nicely. And many of the comments here, along with the full printed copy of KerryLouderbeck's article, have created good topics for conversation with my parent and one sibling. Some exception was taken to some of Kerry's comments, but overall the article was well-received. And the best analogy from JWN comments? The Apple Pie analogy. It's been brought up a couple of times. Thank you all for all your comments. Everyone is greatly appreciated.

-Aude.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm glad to hear your father is better now, and sorry about the fire -- that was close!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Struth , I`ve only come across this now , my thoughts are with you Aude ,take care

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit