what do you think about the charity status of the over 100 JW charities listed here

by recovering 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• recovering
    recovering

I went to a site which lists over 100 different registered JW charities in the us. Take a look

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?FromRec=76&keyword_list=jehovah%27s+witnesses&Submit2=GO&bay=search.results2

• cantleave
    cantleave

Same as I do any religious organisation claiming charitiabe status.....

Why do we fund these charletons?

• *lost*
    *lost*

I cannot, for the life of me understand how they get charitable status.

This could be part of their downfall now. Present economic climate, if there was enough publicity about this, they might get hanged.

• designs
    designs

Boy there's are shell game for shuffling money around.

• *lost*
    *lost*

I did see on the news recently there has been a massive public backlash on big corporations 'avoiding' taxes etc legally through loopholes, and shifting the money out of the country into foreign bank accounts.

I would love it if there was an expose on WT doing the same.

That's the kind of publicity that hits home and makes people sit up and listen.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

They are classified as Protestents? Thats funny. tt

• *lost*
    *lost*

TT - are they really ! I didn't know that. I wonder if any jw's know that. Would cause a stink. Bit wrong isn't it.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

If you follow the link it shows each cong./assembly hall on the list. You can select one of them and it shows their income, taxes ect. Under classification they are listed as Protestants, that must be how the goverment views them. Or maybe I read it wrong. I'll try to copy and paste it.

tt

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes
    EIN59-2077287
    Name in IRS Master FileFORT LAUDERDALE ASSEMBLY HALL OF JEHOVAHS WITNESSES INC
    Street Address20850 GRIFFIN RD
    City, State, ZipFT LAUDERDALE , FL 33332-2016
    NTEE CodeX21
    NTEE ClassificationProtestant
    NTEE TypeReligion-Related, Spiritual Development
    ClassificationReligious Organization
    Subsection501(c)(3)
    Activities
    Foundation StatusChurch 170(b)(1)(A)(i)
    DeductibilityContributions are deductible
    AffiliationIndependent - the organization is an independent organization or an independent auxiliary (i.e., not affiliated with a National, Regional, or Geographic grouping of organizations).
    Group Name[Not Applicable]
    Exempt Organization StatusUnconditional Exemption
    Ruling DateOctober, 2005
    Asset Amount$0
    Income Amount$0
    Form 990 Revenue Amount$0
    Latest Form 990 Return
    Filing Requirement990 - Not required to file (church)
    Fiscal Year EndAugust
  • twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

This is the glossary explanation of the field

NTEE codes, classifications and types:

The National Taxonomy of Exempt Entities (NTEE) is a system developed by the National Center for Charitable Statistics (NCCS) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to classify nonprofit organizations

tt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit