On my way into work today,,,,,

by Jomavrick 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

I was listening to some southern Radio preacher giving his sermon. He was talking about the need to sell out to god and not just say that you love god but prove it. He then said something that made me laugh - he said " a wife doesn't prove that she loves her husband in the parlor, she proves her love for him in the kitchen".

Now I find that hilarious for a couple reasons, what do you ladie's and gents think???

• designs
    designs

Guys don't cook?

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Well I am the designated cook in this family,,,,,

• designs
    designs

'southern' and 'preacher' in the same sentence says a lot about this guy's world view.

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Agreed, it is a stereo typical demeaning viewpoint - but I guess that is how some view the traditional family. Now get in that kitchen and fix me some bean dip!!!

• tiki
    tiki

good lord - i was expecting him to say in the bedroom, not the kitchen! hahhaha.......there's all kind of stupid out there.

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Well that's one of the things I thought was funny. You know there is nothing more entertaining than a random religious radio show!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

If she is a great cook it would be a crime not to have her be the designated cook in the family.

• baltar447
    baltar447

She could show him love both ways in the kitchen, I always say.

• finally awake
    finally awake

as long as you sanitize the counters when you're done, I say feel free to show your love in the kitchen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit