Exciting new adjustments in understanding in the July 15th WT!

by TweetieBird 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

• "Today, however, the remnant of spiritual Israel on earth must go on decreasing."
      (Watchtower, 1992 April 15, pg.17)

For the past several years the "anointed remnant" have increased in numbers, showing an
    embarrassing contradiction to statements published in Watchtower literature.

Sw

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

lol, I hear ya Sayswho. In one of the recent postings, a JW was quoted that the INCREASE was a sign that the end is soon.

What a bunch of loons

• a watcher
    a watcher

wha, the One that I was referring to is Jehovah, not the GB.

The anointed don't have to be FDS to be relevant.

The anointed are relevant today because they help the other sheep to serve Jehovah.

• Pterist
    Pterist

A Watcher ***Rulership for Some, Benefits for Many. w09 4/1 pp11-12.

Galatians 4: 24 These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. 25 Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. 27 For it is written:

“Be glad, barren woman,
    you who never bore a child;
    shout for joy and cry aloud,
    you who were never in labor;
    because more are the children of the desolate woman
    than of her who has a husband.” [e]

Approxiametely how many children of fleshly Israel were there ? And currently are there ? .........Millions , I'm sure.

so, the number of spiritual children are greater, they may not all have the same privileges, however, they are ALL "born from above, the children of the promise" ...flesh and blood can NOT inherit the kingdom of God, in Gods kingdom the least is the greatest, earthly type of rulership is alien, and legalistic like the org.

Shalom

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

WHA...it's amazing what u see with the blinders off!

Well off to the store...I wonder what will change by the time we get back?

SW

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wha, the One that I was referring to is Jehovah, not the GB.

So then u agree that the GB are just men who make it up as they go

The anointed don't have to be FDS to be relevant.

So whats the point?

The anointed are relevant today because they help the other sheep to serve Jehovah.

Anyone can help the other sheep. Does that make them annointed, or a special group? The government has assisted the other sheep at times. Does that make them anointed?

• wasblind
    wasblind
    The anointed will become angels, and continue to help the other sheep, from heaven.

The anointed supposedly will turn into angels?

Can you give a specific WT reference for this claim?_____Ding

Hello Ding

The Sister who conducted my recruitment " Bible study "

Told me that it was wrong for worldy people to think that

Jehovah make angels out of humans

She said that God had all the angels he needed

I'd hate to be in her shoes today. Havin' to unlearn the things she taught

as the " Truth "

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am a little out of the loop, since we are talking about changes, what is the current line on the scripture in Matthew:

"when ? YOU ? catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place,"

From what I recall, this was always related to an event when the UN and religion joined forces. I think there was even a specific event. But within past 15 years this was changed to a future date.

So, has this scripture been fulfilled yet? And if not, does anyone care about it? I remember this was a big deal prior to the watchtower NGO fiasco.

• Ding
    Ding
    I'd hate to be in her shoes today. Havin' to unlearn the things she taught as the "Truth"

With all the "new light" coming from the GB, JWs have to do this constantly.

Not only do most of them quickly unlearn things they taught as truth, they quickly forget that they ever believed it.

Think of the number of JWs today who are saying, "The Governing Body is the faithful and discreet slave? That's what I thought the truth was all along..."

If they do admit that there has been a change, they are duly grateful for the "refined understanding" -- proof positive that it's Jehovah's organization...

• gone for good
    gone for good

Pterist -

I always enjoy your posts, especially in a topic such as this one - where your learned views of historic doctrines can be compared

directly with the writhing, evolving dogma of Jwitnesses - so Thanks!

a watcher -

I forsee 12,000 plus interesting JW funerals on the horizon . The knee-jerk response to an increasing number of 'annointed'TM was to discredit their claim as though they were mentally unstable.

Now however, it seems that a noble and fulfilling heavenly calling awaits as many as care to partake of the wine and bread, and thus claim one of the two heavenly callings, no?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit