What's new for 2013 - lo nuevo de 2013

by oppostate 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oppostate
    oppostate

reading the list of new publications I was struck by the absence of a new edition of the NWT.

What's up with that?

Also as most have pointed out the material being published now is mostly a regurgitation of the bland stuff they've already published in the last few years.

There's nothing like the old deep studies of Ezekiel or Daniel, with all the types and anti-types. Once their oracle, Freddy Franz, kicked the bucket the convoluted explications of biblical prophecies dried up.

• processor
    processor

reading the list of new publications I was struck by the absence of a new edition of the NWT.

The list is from Spain! If there really will be a New New World Translation, that will be released in the U.S. first.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

This moving story is based on the drama "This your brother was dead and now lives" that was presented in the year 2009
    at the District Convention "Keep on the Watch!".

That was a sick drama filled with manupulation - and of course completely unrelated to the actual bible account. Y'all get ready for another round of harassment from your JW family after they watch that DVD.

• oppostate
    oppostate

@ Processor

That makes sense. The new NWT Bible that I thumbed through and had a chance to look at, in grey with silver edging, and hold just for a few minutes was in English. It does make sense that it would be released first in the U.S. and English speaking countries.

GB members and some DO's and CO's were sporting these around last year.

@ Lost Generation

That was indeed a sick and twisted drama. It played with emotions and was manipulating in the extreme. Bethel knows how to pour salt on the wound! Who hasn't lost a dear one? Who hasn't witnessed the passing away of older ones in the congregation who thought they'd never grow old but live in a paradise earth? All the bologna that they used to feed us is now once again brought out, recycled bologna.

The absence of anything really new is so obvious and it speaks volumes as to the qualifications of the current Governing Body to make any bold moves or changes except to continue to praise itself and to circle the waggons.

• obarac
    obarac

How people know which new releases will be???

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Thanks for the update.

I can just imagine how the DVD will reinforce the rigid rule of treating family members who have DA, or DF in a cold manner. At the end of it will be a singalong. "Listen and Obey", but this time adults will sing it, along with Caleb's parents.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I slightly remember the 2009 Drama on the Prodical Son. Wasn't the father in the drama so cold in comparison to the kind father in Jesus's illustration?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"The absence of anything really new is so obvious and it speaks volumes as to the qualifications of the current Governing Body to make any bold moves or changes "

On the other hand - the Bible message, how could one produce something "new" out of it every year? You would wonder more if a brochure was issued, stating the Moon in reality is a green cheese. There are limitations as to what novelties could be produced based on the Bible.

• babystar_jr
    babystar_jr

What was the result?

• obarac
    obarac
    "The Study Guide for Jehovah's Witnesses. This guide will be available in Spanish beginning January 2014."

Is it available in English?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit