The Watchtower abandons their 1914 doctrine!

by Seraphim23 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

The one and only

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

This has huge implications people.

Hey there Seraphin,

The article is of course significant, and there have been several threads and articles from this community discussing it. But the paragraph that you copied, has 2 OLD points that have already been taught, and one "NEW" point about when domestics are subjected.

None of this affect the current significance of 1914. I already let the site know that they need to retool their claim in order to be honest and accuratly reflect the changes being diseminated.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

No its not Robert King, this is a watchdog group on cults.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

This isn't the watchman site. Its a christian apologetics site that is rarely updated. :) Not the end times loony guy.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

Of course problemaddict but the 1914 doctrine was part of a selection of related doctrinal cards and the final one is now blown away, thats the signficance. Just depends on how you look at it.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Just depends on how you look at it.

Or want to look at it.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Seraphim,

I understand what you are thinking, but it is simply not accurate. They have not adjusted their view on 1914. The significance lies in 1919 and what they say did and did not happen there. Trust, there are plenty of questions and wacko things to pick apart. Best to stay on track with what they ACTUALLY are teaching for the sake of being able to actually talk to someone about it accurately.

Better yet, why don't you explain to me what in the article abandons "1914".

Maybe I am misunderstanding your point.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

That’s true what you say LostGeneration but it helps the ones who have left know they made a good decision and as for those still in, it always normally takes several things over a long period of time to leave and this helps with that.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Just depends on how you look at it.

And that there is the problem. JWs don't look at it like we do. They are under mind control.

Now in reality, they could in fact dump 1914 and it would shake a few up. But instead they simply have moved all of the invisible events surrounding 1914, 1919, and Armageddon around. Since all of these events are invisible, they cannot be disproven. The JW under mind control will simply accept whatever is published, all the while thinking about what is for lunch. There is no need to change that Jesus began ruling invisibly in 1914 because it really doesn't matter.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

There is no need to change that Jesus began ruling invisibly in 1914 because it really doesn't matter.

I still don't see how the article points out that they abandoned 1914, but now u say it doesn't matter. So wtf?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit