Paris Jackson Puts Her Foot Down! No More Going Door-To-Door As Jehovah’s Witness

by iamwhoiam 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• iamwhoiam
  • yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Good stuff Paris!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

That family loves their birthday celebrations, and the Woodland Hills Congregation elders just kiss their ass. I'm glad she and her brother are normal enough to say no. Because I agree with her, that it makes them look like weirdos in the area.

• Refriedtruth
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

I don't have a very high opinion of Debbie either. She was quite clear what a money hungry piece of crap she is. But then, most people associatted with that family are

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Like ass-kissing JW's that come out of the cult and then become human beings again, Debbie might do the right thing now that the kids need their surviving parent to get them out of Grandma's cult.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

That family has plenty of non-JWs who would be more than willing to take care of those children. Only the mother and the oldest sister still are JWs. Didn't Tito's kid win co-guardianship over them? If Grandma's making them go to the Hall and service, then by all means separate from her. But the whole situation regarding their birth mother is just strange. By all accounts it seems that she was married to Michael for the express purpose of giving him a child, and when she couldn't have any more her usefulness expired. She seemed more than willing to give up all parental rights and have no contact with those children in exchange for a generous divorce settlement from Michael, and/or a monthly stipend. Based on her previous behaviour, I'm afraid the extravagant child support money that the estate provides to whoever is taking care of those children is Debbie's motivating factor here. I hope I am wrong and Ms. Rowe is trying to make up for abandoning her children in exchange for money so many years ago.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Well good for her! She is old enough to see the BS!

FS

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

it... makes them look like weirdos in the area...lol

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

iamwhoiam:

I never felt right about door-to-door work and am glad to be DONE with this embarrassing ridiculousness, not to mention the whole shebang! Good riddance.

It wasn't just that I didn't like it but I wasn't sure if I should even be doing it. I also wasn't convinced what I was preaching was 100% "truth". I don't think any religion has absolute truth. I was also ashamed of the magazines and felt they were juvenile.

In my opinion, the door-to-door work is nothing more than a visible yardstick by which to judge how "faithful" the JWs are. It is the religion's claim to fame, sort of like a trademark. So, I don't see them giving up on it anytime soon.

If the religion really felt they had a lifesaving work and time was of the essence, they would use the media!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit