Wow, the crap that they will believe....

by okage 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• okage
    okage

About a week ago, I posted that my sister in law believes the earthquake in China is proof that there are more earthquakes today than before. I posted the details that I sent her that show hands down that there is no increase in earthquakes. And I also posted that she never replied. So a couple days ago, my wife shows me this thing on facebook. It says that if you're having a heart attack, keep coughing until help arrives or your heart starts beating normally again. It was stupid and took me literally, 20 seconds to disprove. Not only was I able to disprove it medically, but I proved that it was from a chain letter from the 90's debunked as a hoax. It wasn't until last night that I saw that it was my sister in law who posted this. She's starting on a roll of idiocy and now it's getting scary. It's one thing to claim "God's a comin'" but now she's sharing life-threatening information as "self help."

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I wonder how many if the GB told them to, would kill someone or themselves? Grape Kool-Aid anyone?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

News Media? Satan. The medical community? Satan. The internet? Satan. An overly faxed piece of paper or an email from a dub? Medical fact.

• okage
    okage

@Newly Enlightened: I've felt that way for a long time. It's logical for all doomsday cult to become militant and start killing in the name of the group. They could easily rationalize it with scripture.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Do still teach that humans only use 10% of their brains?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

That is so not for a heart attack.

However for afibrullation, a racing abnormal electrical heartbeat, maybe MAYBE a hard cough could get it back out of afib, just as bearing down hard, like you are pushing a baby out, can sometimes kick a afib heart back into a normal rythum.

Either way, that kind of chain email crap is what my jdub mother in law tends to send also. I delete her mails unless they seem to be personal, like with a picture of a grandchild, etc.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Bored Jw housewives are experts at, " gadding about the houses." Only now they can use e-mail.

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

If the GB wanted to "help" every JW get to paradise sooner, all they'd have to do is declare new light that at the next Memorial, everyone should partake. Then tell the elders to poison the wine. Everyone would think it was so exciting and such a privilege to partake- they would totally do it. Cult.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I wonder how many if the GB told them to, would kill someone or themselves? Grape Kool-Aid anyone?

That question has already been answered.

At least 75% of them WOULD KILL THEIR OWN KIDS if the GB told them to. (blood transfusion)

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

This kind of mindset is the inevitable end-result of a cult/religion that has an official, and long-standing, policy against critical thinking. In reality, there's an official ban against any thinking at all.

JWs also believe there are more wars now than ever before, crime is worse, this is the worst time in history to be alive, etc.

Offer all the proof showing otherwise- it will do no good. JWs MUST believe what WT tells them.

Those damned pesky facts.....they always get in the way of religious dogma!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit