7 Reasons for a Jehovah's Witness to show no mercy to a DF'd person

by Terry 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

So try and imagine exactly what they are saying about us in the Kingdom Hall.

Are we the victims or the victors?

Matthew 5:11-12

"Happy are YOU when people reproach YOU and persecute YOU and lyingly say every sort of wicked thing against YOU for my sake. 12 Rejoice and leap for joy, since YOUR reward is great in the heavens;

Yes, its a paradox I see happening right here on this forum!

abe

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Good one!

• Terry
    Terry

Its really tragic when the victims think they are victors!

Something even more tragic I often see in this forum is when the victors think they are the victims.

Seems to me the difference between victor and victim is who holds the power.

Apostate JW's hold the real power because we have nothing to defend. Our life and our mind is free and not tied up in an investment that

will never pay off.

But, JW's are so guilt-tripped with "loyalty" to the society it is incumbent upon them to say the GB farts smell like flowers!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What can be more tragic than "knowing" you are right while being wrong?

There's no such thing as right and wrong. Knowing this or that to be wrong is just a point of view among many possible.

• Terry
    Terry

I had a long-time active JW sneak a visit with me some years back and I asked him point blank how he could justify being able to talk to a DF'd person.

He told me the purpose of DF-ing was to shame you into wanting to come back.

He said he knew I was never coming back--so, the purpose of DF-ing didn't apply!

I had to laugh at his work-around thinking.

"Do you get to parse JW theology now?" I asked and he got red in the face.

He wanted me to think he was reasonable and to present the shunning as reason-based thinking.

But, shunning is not a matter of choice or conscience--it is mandatory and enforceable. He knew I knew he knew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit