if anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either

by biometrics 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

Way back when I was pioneering, there was a sister who was pioneering while on the dole. She always said she was blessed that Jehovah allowed her to pioneer. Maybe she should've thanked the government and the taxes we paid that allowed her to pioneer...

brinjen, I hope something comes through for you...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

biometrics:

This is a scripture you do not hear quoted much in the religion. Why? Because it is one that is violated left and right.

Nowadays, with all the marginal people who have been recruited in recent years, there are fewer responsible working people in the congregations than there were twenty years ago. I can only imagine the kinds of problems the congregations have now!

I'm glad I'm out because I have no intention of walking a gauntlet of assorted deadbeats. This would be adding insult to injury.

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Brinjen, I agree, the employment/recruiting/hiring process is totally different today. The Genxer and Geny er is connected 24/7 via social media, texting ect,,, that is how reach candidates today, social media is huge. My only point was comparing todays "low income" household with what it was like in the 30's. It was about simple survial then, not so much today it would seem.

• Simon
    Simon

Our old congregation had many pioneers who were working the welfare system to do it. It's shameful.

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Simon,

That is shameful. It is utterly twisted to somehow lose the self respect a normal person has when they are gainfully employed. We were meant to be productive people. I have a In-Law Elder with Kids, who quit working, sold his house and his whole family lives in Mommies basement so he can Pioneer and his wife homeschools the kids. He is the most Haughty, Arrogant dislikeable person I know.

I view him as an utter loser,,,,

• prologos
    prologos

There are other benefits that make welfare/refugee life much more attractive than working: free time, free lawyers, free food banks, free housing, free medical/dental.-- even free house renovations !*

The jobs of those that dole out the dole depend on it.

a win - win situation for the parasite slackards with noses in the taxpayer trough.

some of the greatest jobs were done by people in wheel-chairs:

Prs. D. ROOSEVELT, Pfr. HAWKINS, to name just a few. Helen Keller? The blade runner?

"let them eat cake", marie antoinette.

*depending on the jurisdiction.

• irondork
    irondork

Jomavrick: How many households that are getting welfare in this country have computers, internet, cell phones cable tv,,,,,

In the U.S., 20" chrome wheels and a 65" HD 3D Plasma TV is a constitutionally guaranteed right.

You didn't know?

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

irondork, No I didn't - why didnt my Government Representative tell me??? Oh maybe I keep missing them at the house, Im always working,,,,,

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is a shame when someone quits their job to pious-sneer, while on welfare. Or, when they dog their jobs so they get fired and then collect unemployment, dogging finding another job while pious-sneering, knowing welfare will be waiting for them. This is abuse of the system, and such scum need to be removed from welfare. And the religion that encourages people to pious-sneer while on welfare needs to be taxed--they are costing people that pay taxes, and it is only fair that such religions be taxed to pay for it.

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

I second the motion WTWizard!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit