legal question

by outsmartthesystem 15 Replies latest jw friends

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Good one Brother.

I COULD email it to a bunch of people. After all.....the service overseer forgot to take me off his email list and invited me to come help with "spring cleaning". I could see everyone else's email addresses

• trujw
    trujw

Just keep leaving it at the Kingdom Hall. Now that would get the elders paranoid.

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

Wikileaks have it!

http://wlstorage.net/file/pay-attention-to-yourselves-and-all-the-flock-1991.pdf

Unless that is an old one... Tonnes of 'New Light' to include since 1991

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

You need to see a real lawyer b/c details are crucial. I imagine no judge would be happy to oversee such an action. Hey, Freemasonry has tons of top secret manuals and rituals. The websites that carry the contents of said documents are so numerous that it is impossible to count. Details change the answer, though.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Depends.. How did this imaginary person get the book? If nothing illegal was done to obtain the book (stealing), then no crime has been committed.

Regarless of the scope of usage that the Watchtower assigns to the book, it is still only a book published by a religious organization, but it must fall in your hands in a legal way.

Now will this person be in trouble in other ways? clearly yes.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Without researching it, I don't see how calling a book top-secret and confidential makes it so. The government can designate material top secret b/c it has the FBI, federal prosecutors, and a large prison system. Treason is a major crime. Lawyers and doctors are bound by confidentiality but if the client/patient chooses to reveal private info. to the entire world, there is no breach of duty.

Consider Wikileads and the certainty that the United States suffered very real damage in the actual world. How many people are sitting in prison? I believe all the information is still available online.

Did the New York Times or the United States government win the prior restraint case concerning the Pentagon Papers. The Times won--younger people may not know.

The problem with Witnesses is their apparent power, not their real power. I have done incredibly bold things against the WT in my private life. The problem is later I can't sleep b/c I am so afraid of demons attacking me. The entire family does not sleep. They have to comfort me that the WT cannot dispatch demons b/c they do not exist. I know they don't exist. Yet I do not sleep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit