legal question

by outsmartthesystem 15 Replies latest jw friends

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Could a person get into trouble w/ the WTBS if he were caught leaving behind copies of the secret elders manual in laundromats and hospital waiting rooms?

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

This is purely hypothetical of course

• jgnat
    jgnat

No.

Edited to add: It's not criminal. They would have to sue you, and to do that, they would have to prove damage.

Why would you bore the poor victims in the laundromats and waiting rooms? Give them something short, sweet, and pretty to read. Include a picture of a puppy or a kitten.

• Simon
    Simon

I doubt it would mean anything to any regular person. Even most JWs would probably not recognise the significance of the contents.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Why would that be fitting or even slightly interesting reading material for people in a laundromat or hospital waiting room?

Stick it in a library instead

To directly answer your question, though: Probably.

Edit: You didn't specify what kind of trouble. Legal? See answer above. Congregational? You betya.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

oh it would be more to unravel the already fragile minds of a few local elders. If they saw that their hallowed.....priceless.....heavenly protected manual was out in public they'd have a coronary

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

If you are so inclined, (and have the cash) why not make copies and send them in the mail to active JWs? I'm sure a few curious cats would read through them.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi outsmartthesystem, Considering your objective, I agree with LostGeneration to send them to ex-JWs and JWs. I would also highlight the passages that you feel will plant seeds of doubts in JWs' minds. If you are low on cash, scan the documents into .pdf's and send them via an anonymous email address.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Or download it to Library.org for the world to see.

• clarity
    clarity

Send them to nosy media reporters, local newspapers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit