Ancient mystery in New Mexico desert- Ancient Paleo-Hebrew stone

by Brother of the Hawk 33 Replies latest social current

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

If anyone is interested in Archeology and mysteries, here's one for you. The University of New Mexico cannot explain this one. But here is a short Youtube video that will blow your mind.

We didn't even know about this until recently and we live only 70 miles from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asj77tQqMl4&list=PL9D164CF333E86932

Magazine article: http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-arts-and-culture/125339/the-mystery-stone

Enjoy, Brother of the Hawk [I will surrender my mind no more, forever]

• jgnat
    jgnat

The oldest Hebrew was written without punctuation and without vowels. In fact, most modern Hebrew is written without vowels (A). This writing isn't that old.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

But if you read the magazine article below the video, you would see that the professor said it is actually a combination of Moabite-Greek-Ancient Phoenician and done in a Paleo-Hebrew script.

• jgnat
    jgnat

So Hebrew had vowels and then dropped them? It used punctuation and then stopped using it? The claim is outrageous and I'm putting it in my pseudoscience pile.

Language has a way of picking up useful habits from it's neighbours and it has no reason to stop a good thing. Consider the evolution of Quebecois French and its adoption of "Le Hot-Dog".

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Where do you think we got our alphabet with the vowels? From the Phoenicians.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

You sure it wasn't planted by a Mormon?

• Comatose
    Comatose

I googled it and read a few articles that seem to agree its a hoax. Possibly a hoax by early Mormons. But there are errors that don't fit with it being 500 years old.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

I don't know if it's real or not.

But I know from a local historian that it has broken off from some Anasazi ruins at the top of the mountain which date back Pre-America. But unfortunately the University of New Mexico cannot date it because thanks to some helpful Boy Scouts back in the 30's/40's went up there with wire brushes and cleaning chemicals and cleaned all the Lichen off of the rock.

I don't want to argue, especially with a moderator of this site, because they'll just kick me off and ban me. I just wanted to post some interesting articles because, along with my wife NE, we're sick of hearing about AAWA.

Maybe we just need to take a break from this site for awhile.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I'm with AnnOMaly; it's probably a Mormon hoax. Anyone unfamiliar with this subject (Mormon hoaxes) should get a copy of the video "The Lost Book of Abraham."

see it here free:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hcyzkd_m6KE

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Is there a map or any indication of where the cup of Christ might be found guarded by a 700 year old Knight? I remember seeing a movie about this years ago, "Indiana Jones, In search of the Holy Grail". I'm still in love with Allison Doody aka, Dr. Elsa Schneider.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit