AUSTRALIA | TRANSCRIPT of Child Abuse Inquiry into Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower Society - April 2013

by jwleaks 54 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I am sure it's blatantly obvious to all who know TTATT, why the GB/FADS have these flunkies. They don't want another Walsh Trial. Can you imagine the GB on the stand?! They want to avoid that at all costs. If only they could be forced to testify in court. What an awesome " witness " that would be! Christ's chosen few hem-hawing and stammering, and refusing to answer honestly. What a great day that would be. They should repent.

• mP
    mP

Its a shame a single newspaper doesnt print the transcript of their refusal to report child abuse except only when the law required them to do so as a frnt page article.

That paragraph would destroy JW for years.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Did anyone else notice how Mr O'Brien at the start of the hearing made it sound as though there were only 2 cases of abuse in the last 40 years in Victoria, then made many defences based on the claim of 'children not wanting their abuse to go public', then admitted he did not know of any children who have ever requested that in the first place....

He handed to the Inquiry a lot of reason to investigate further...

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Terry O'Brien. I've heard so many talks given by him. I even had my photo taken with him once: oooh, the Bethel Celebrities!! I felt so privileged.

What a creep.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

MrT.O’BRIEN — People can come and question teachings or procedures. They are quite at liberty to

approach the elders to talk about that.

BULLCR@P!!!!!!!

• brinjen
    brinjen

As long as they realise they are running a risk of being shunned by their family and friends... anyone is free to question the teachings.

• Splash
    Splash

We had a talk at our hall recently, basically saying that there have been lots of letters written to the UK branch, questioning and complaining about a new change introduced for the baptisms at the SAD and CA.

The talk did not try to reason, it did not try to explain.

The talk was "Do as you are told, don't question what you are told".

We were told to do as the song instructs us "Listen, Obey and be Blessed".

We were told that this change was from Jehovah so keep up with his chariot.

I think this talk was given in quite a few locations around the country.

Not trying to derail the thread, just picking up on Brinjen's point.

Splash

• brinjen
    brinjen

Sounds like they are getting more desperate. They've had quite a bit of negative publicity... ok so most of the general public don't care about the JW's but it's still publicity. Combine that with the victim mentality they hold, stir in a bit of their usual paranoia and voila! Not surprised they're resorting to those kinds of talks Splash. They're in for a bad few years here in Oz... I think that is pretty much guaranteed.

I got told by a JW here in Victoria recently in the comments of an article relating to them about why they feel they don't have to comply with the Working With Children act here in Victoria and require their Elders and Ministerial Servants (at least) obtain a Working With Children card (compulsary for everyone else). The answer? I got the rant about how they have been persecuted before and don't trust the government to use that database against them. Should point out every religious organisation here is required to obtain these cards... not just them. Got me to thinking about why they are not so concerned when it comes to replying as to why they didn't vote (not compulary in Australia) to avoid having to pay the fine. Quite happy to proudly give the reason of being a Jehovah's Witness and 'no part of this world' .

• mP
    mP

@brinjen

The gov as you stated already knows who are JW, due to their voting stance. Its amazing how christians are amongst the biggest liars of all. Everything they say is a lie.

• brinjen
    brinjen

@mP... that's just it though. A lot of the rank & file actually believe those lies. It sounds though like more and more are beginning to ask questions though. They've covered up their cover ups so many times over the cracks are showing... hence the talks Splash has mentioned. I wonder what the long term damage will be... they may just cause their own demise yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit