What used to worry you the most about the great trib and Armageddon?

by Julia Orwell 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I worried most about losing my dear family, but I also had silly worries like, what would happen to my pets? Say I didn't have a chance to let the cats out, they would starve inside my house. And what if people were so starving because of the big gt famine and stole my chickens! Also, what if we were sent to gulags and I didn't have my medications? I would get full blown depression again. What if my family member who's in the army was ordered to shoot me? Would he do it? What if I were put in a cell with one of those horrid self righteous twats?

Some of these things that worried me were so stupid!

Anyone else worry about the technicalities?

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The prospect of dying and missing out on everlasting life.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I too worried about rabbits or guinea pigs trapped in hutches, birds in cages etc not being cared for as their owners were now dead.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Armageddon's hell for animal lovers hey. Sure, the lions and tigers would be ok because they're in all the pictures, and also koalas, but pets? Not a cat, dog, bunny, guinea pig or chook to be seen...

• zeb
    zeb

thats because they dont have them at any bethel place..yes? So they do not exist.

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

Not making it. I've believed deep down for years that I wouldn't make it. I was always terrified of something happening to my children, them being tortured unless I renounced my faith. People I knew in the world that would try and kill me because I hadn't warned them about Armagedon. It's a relief not to live with this sort of terror any more.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

In adulthood I had developed for myself a kind of religion within a religion, I did not believe half the nonsense other JW's did, and felt an awful lot was just made up by the FDS. So it didn't take a whole lot for the house of cards to be pushed over.

As to the Big A, we were told that Big J and Little J could read hearts, so I thought that no person with just a little bit of good in them, like the thief next to Jesus on the Cross, would be destroyed, why would a loving god do that ?

When JW's used to get all gory about Armageddon I used to say "You will be surprised who is there in the New System, even Adolph Hitler may be found a place because he was mentally ill in this system"

I too had confidence that if I didn't make it, it was because I was so evil I didn't deserve it, so it would be justice.

Looking back I am surprised at my stupidity in not getting out of the sad little false religion sooner.

The WT/JW religion will fade away, and Armageddon will not have come, it is a fiction from a poorly written book of fiction.

• blondie
    blondie

That I would be living forever with the cruel unchristian, inhuman people at the KH. I decided I would rather live a short happy life apart from them than live forever with them. So I left. It's been great, wish I did it sooner.

• SophieG
    SophieG

I concur with Brainmelt and Phizzy. I thought I’d never make it. After all my sincere efforts to be the best JW only to find out at the Big A I would be facing destruction. Actually that thought stuck with me so much I slowly over a period of time decided I did not want to find out. If I was going to take a gamble on surviving, then I’d rather live my life NOW!

I am so glad I woke up from that mess.

• Terry
    Terry

Armageddon never actually struck me as any more possible or real than coming down with syphillus. I mean, I had neither done anything to deserve it nor planned on doing.

In other words, it was somebody else's problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit