goodbye AAWA--good luck

by bigmac 203 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Kallam
    Kallam

I've finally found someone who's belief of self-importance rivals Cedars.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Pish! Marvin comes highly recommended! Read what the AAWA's own Richard Kelly has to say about Marvin's work:

http://jwsurvey.org/news/the-story-of-aawa-an-organization-to-take-on-the-watchtower

• Kallam
    Kallam

Love all the comments in that link. Dozens of posts of people attempting to reason with Cedars while the pocketbook Napolean rants and raves and threatends to kick people out. This is the face of the organization? I'm sure the Watchtower is shaking in it's boots. Oh the hilarity...

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

so im trying to get this clarified, the OP was kicked from AAWA because he posted that picture? what is wrong with that picture? if they truly are religiously neutral, then what would be the problem with that picture? seems like only christian homophobes would take issue with that picture.

• Simon
    Simon
    I do suggest that ANY survey that’s conducted consistently and at intervals will yield benchmarks that are useful, and Cedar's survey is no exception.

You are assuming and claiming that there is consistency when there is little proof (being kind, none if being honest) that it is in anyway consistent.

I don't think I could do consistent surveys that gave a truly representative sample of JWN members over time. How anyone would claim to be able to do a consistent survey of JWs over time is beyond me. I would have more faith if it was done by an independent group outside of an assembly over several year. But a few questions on the internet? Pffft, rediculous.

You seem to be confusing Cedars with Nielson and also seem to be the rah-rah Cedars cheerleading group. Membership: 1. We know, we took a survey.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Read what the AAWA's own Richard Kelly has to say about Marvin's work:

Also read the nice things he had to say about Simon and Angharad.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

"Ray Franz, Randy Watters, Barbara Anderson, Simon Green and his wife, Angharad – real heroes, who in my mind will take centre stage in the history books as those who bravely stood up to the Watchtower."

That's quite the company of peeps to be included in.

Maybe we can get Marvin to ask Dick about how he feels now about Simon and Angharad. The article was dated 3 April.

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Cedar's has repeatedly edited his articles in the past whether for clarification or otherwise. I'm sure if he felt differently he would exclude what he wanted.

The article was written by Richard Kelly, not cedars. Unless you're suggesting that cedars is not above editing other people's articles?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit