What naughty things are JWs allowed to do?

by usualusername 25 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername
    usualusername

In most healthy societies people are allowed to do naughty things without feelings of guilt.

What naughty things can JWs do?

My naughtiest moment was rounding up 55mins to an hr in my ministry!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

shun their own parebts in need because they won't visit the same "church"

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“What naughty things are JWs allowed to do?”

In no particular order:

1. Count 60 minutes of “field service” as an hour of Christian activity.

2. Tell people they abstain from blood and then accept boatloads of blood product from the donor blood supply.

3. Know of horrendous multiple acts of child molestation and keep it to themselves without reporting it to authorities for investigation.

4. Claim to follow the biblical Jesus when anything said by Watchtower trumps what the Bible actually says.

5. Claim to love thy neighbor but refuse to donate blood for their neighbors as their neighbors donate for them.

Marvin Shilmer

• sir82
    sir82

Anything they want to - so long as the elders don't find out.

The "clean Christian congregation" is about the biggest myth conceivable. It is a seething nest of corruption, abuse, immorality, and downright nastiness.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"Theocratic warfare", in other words "lie".

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

Interesting replies so far. When you say "naughty", I thought of an entirely different type of naughty. Perhaps just my naughty mind, but here are a few:

1. French kiss (as long as its your wife).Don't dare use that tongue elsewhere.

2. Wear logot-shirts (as long as no crosses, references to alcohol or sex or demonic music bands).

3. Get drunk (as long as its just once, its an accident, and you're at home).

4. Smoke a cigarette (as long as only one and it was an extreme moment of weakness and you hated it and make an oath to never do so again)

5. Wear a bikini swimsuit (as long as your bodyisn't so sexy that you make the elders wives feel inferior and the elders drool)

6. Not wear underwear (as long as no one can ever know)

• Pickler
    Pickler

Overeating /gluttony. ........plenty of very overweight witnesses around, and I never heard of anyone getting called out over it.

Gossip....... people constantly looking at what others are doing/judging them, often the most "spiritual" sisters from what I saw.

Growing up JW, schooling is not a priority, I mean primary & highschool. Any sniffle or tiredness I would be encouraged to stay home. I believe that my JW parent was always happy to encourage me to keep away from the world as much as possible. I missed a lot of school. I only realised this was naughty once I had kids!!!!

• piztjw
    piztjw

Anything they want....as long as they confess to the "elders", make a sizable "contribution"(bribe)to the local KH, swear that it was in a moment of weakness, swear to never do it again...until next time, play golf and eat barbecue with the head "elder", or be related to most of them. Repeat as often as needed to regularly sin.

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

Well anything? Not so sûre but yes the point is not to be caught by elders, or even if you do not do some "wrong" things in a JW point of view, not make other JW feel that you are free

• trujw
    trujw

I am with Msjones lieing to people about what you really believe out in service and to ones self is the backbone of being a jw. Number two is when you call them out on it to run away like roaches and spread more lies about you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit