This thread is for people that do not really understand the control mechanisms of the Watchtower Society

by Iamallcool 25 Replies latest jw friends

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

snare&racket - Well thought out and insightful answer.

Appreciated your post.

• Joshinaz
    Joshinaz

Just look at they way they study the Watchtower. Questions are asked at the end of the paragraph, and the answers are IN the paragraph! This is used to help you to learn to NOT use your own brain but believe everything that the Society writes.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

There is a pretty good explanation of how mind control works at Howcultswork.com The key identifiers of a cult is Deception (covering up past mistakes ) , Exclusivism (only dubs will be saved) , Fear and Intimiation (you will be cut off from family/die at Armageddon) Information control (don't visit other churces, read apostate literature, go on the internet) Reporting Structure (obey the elders, who obey the CO, who obeys the GB) Time Control (hours of meeting, plus study, plus field service plus family study)

• Iamallcool
  • talesin
    talesin

Jeff, yes. I have twisted myself into a pretzel in the past, trying to break through the "Cone of Silence", and it's impenetrable. Ack!

I worked in mental health for a few years ... lots of PTSD survivors, and some cult victims ... their families seem to have no souls, just like some JWs, only those families' acts are less thinly-veiled, so they are easily indentifiable as 'cults'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqcSWI6Ppks

:P

t

PS. No big secret, it's all in past threads, but I had/have PTSD, and let's not get started about my family. But that is not uncommon among those in the helping professions. ;)

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

All great comments. Thank you.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit