WTS says you are free to do what we tell you

by ozziepost 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Xander
    Xander

: I'm a JW woman married to a non-JW

Oh, you just don't see it, do you.

See, the first article in that mag was almost certainly on how we should only marry 'in the lord'. Since, after all, marrying a non-believer will cause stress and divisiveness.

BUT, WAIT....the wordly isn't as intolerant of fringe religions as it used to be. There is a CHANCE your worldly spouse won't cause any problems! (In fact, pretty likely).

What to do, what to do?

Wait, I'VE GOT IT...WE manufacturer the divisiveness, then blame it on the other party.

Now, how to do that.....hey, I've got it!!

insert article from above

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana
  • its_my_life2001ca
    its_my_life2001ca

As rigid as it sounds, JW's are not the only ones who hold to this. When my father died, who was not a witness, I sat off to the side so as not to be a participant. My sister-in-law who was a strict catholic did likewise as she was uncomfortable about attending other places of worship.As witnesses, we were used to taking everything to the extreme and seemed to forget to let "our reasonableness" be known.I realize now there's a difference between worshipping in another church and attending one to show our respects to someone.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

You hit the nail right on the head, Xander.

For years, especially in the uS, JW's/Watchtower have been screaming, wailing, and monaing.."persecution, persecution,persecution!!!"

Well, it "ain't true ain't true ain't true!!!"

So they go about trying to manufacture it. Goading non-Witness relatives in an attempt to 'get' themselves persecuted is a very very old trick. Unfortunately it used to work.

But no more....

• Xander
    Xander

Right, so now they just have to get their followers to manufacture their own belief in being persecuted.

I mean, how twisted an organization is this? A friend or family member dies, and it is more important to the org that the follower in question be spending energy ['standing up to persecution'/self-fulfilling their 'marital disharmony' warnings] than grieving?

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• apostate man
    apostate man

Ozzie, its all part of mind control. I do not know what the correct word is for it, but here it is:

Ever notice that WT literature asks a lot of questions in its statements?, and from the surrounding text you can only come up with one answer. I have noticed this many times over. Yet if they had asked a different question, you would have a different answer and a different view to the same topic.

Next time you read an article from WT, see how vmany questions are asked and if the statement made supports the question.

• TheStar
    TheStar

jst2laws,

Thank goodness I'm not the only one going through this right now. If I didn't have my husband and his family to think about, I would most definately leave with a bang.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Dear Governing Body,

This song was originally for the Masters of War but I dedicate it now to you and your cronies:

Let me ask you one question
    Is your money that good
    Will it buy you forgiveness
    Do you think that it could
    I think you will find
    When your death takes its toll
    All the money you made
    Will never buy back your soul

And I hope that you die
    And your death'll come soon
    I will follow your casket
    In the pale afternoon
    And I'll watch while you're lowered
    Down to your deathbed
    And I'll stand o'er your grave
    'Til I'm sure that you're dead

The Pope of ERUKE!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire
    it would be to her advantage to explain to her husband that she could not conscientiously share in any religious ceremonies or join in singing of hymns or bow her head when prayer is offered. On the basis of her explanation, he may conclude that his wife's presence could give rise to a situation that might be unpleasant to him. He may choose to go alone out of love for his wife, respect for her beliefs, or a desire to avoid any embarrassment.

Theres a key passage right there, cunningly presented, not as an instruction, but as a theoretical situation.
    The question is, does this passage clearly indicate the proper course to be taken??
    I think it does. The org, however, can claim it never instructed anyone.Imagine the scenario. When everyone else stands, she remains seated. When everyone else bows their head, she keeps hers up. When everyone else sings, she must remain obviously silent.
    Thus she must almost act like a provocateur. Creating anger and hostility.
    This is what this passage actually says.

Notice that the example presented involves someone with a disbeliving mate who might be pressuring them to go. For a married couple who are both witnesses, there can be little doubt as to the course of action to be taken.

Imagine the REALITY this generates- You end up not going to your MOTHERS FUNERAL.

Staggering.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

When you're in the borg for so long, you fail to see how brain-dead and dependent you become. This article is such a classic example on how JW's are trained to use discernment - not their own discernment, but the discernment of the supposed annointed class. The WT's insistence that they follow the first century model of Christianity is a fallacy. Did Christ's first century disciples have a central governing body that gave them counsel on virtually every aspect of their lives? It is so sad that the dubs & the Society have formed such a co-dependent relationship.

At the last meeting I went to (Public Talk & WT Study) the talk dealt with education. Among the other fine counsel points given, the brother proceeded to expound on how much math a Christian should take in school. Yes. It's true. It was surreal.

• patio34
    patio34

I just read George Orwell's 1984 and these passages seem to have particular application to this newest instruction from the WTS:

Refiner's Fire said:

Theres a key passage right there, cunningly presented, not as an instruction, but as a theoretical situation.
    The question is, does this passage clearly indicate the proper course to be taken??
    I think it does. The org, however, can claim it never instructed anyone.Imagine the scenario. When everyone else stands, she remains seated. When everyone else bows their head, she keeps hers up. When everyone else sings, she must remain obviously silent.
    Thus she must almost act like a provocateur. Creating anger and hostility.
    This is what this passage actually says.
    "This again was never put into plain words, but in an indirect way it was rubbed into every Party member from childhood onwards."

"...party member knew what constituted right conduct, and in exceedingly vague, generalized terms he knew what kinds of departure from it were possible." 251

"The phrase 'our new, happy life' recurred several times. It had been a favorite of late with the Ministry of Plenty." pg 51

"In the Ministry of Love there were no windows..." 189

"The real power ...is over men...by making him suffer...Obedience is not enough. Unless he is suffering, how can you be sure that he is obeying your will and not his own?" 219, 220

There are other passages i can't locate now about how you followed the spirit of the law, not the letter. I.e., you understood what was meant by "suggestions."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit