clarity

A huge welcome to you Frogonmytoe....

>

Glad you finally found us! Tell how things

are going as you continue on your journey,

we are all ears..er...eyes .

Tell us how you designed your 'name'?

>

Originated in England but am from across the pond!

clarity

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

Well I was brought up a witness, but always had little misgivings. Mainly that who I found myself attracted to didn't sit well. I know the argument about sin kind of covers the fact that I was born like this from their point of view, but the vitriol that I faced at most meetings talking about "the gays" seemed neither christian nor even WTS-endorsed, merely an opportunity to air homophobic feelings. I have known at least a dozen gay and lesbian witnesses, all but two have left and found partners, just like me!

I am not d'fd and keep my communication with witnesses to a minimum (I have SO many ex-jw friends on Facebook, I clearly lost a lot of current witnesses when they saw who I was 'associating' with. I moved from my original hall 4 years ago, and never moved my cards. I think I'm near-enough safe, although if they fancy a witchhunt, who am I to stop them.

I am so glad your cousin helped you out when you needed it Mum. We all need someone to run to. I don't think most R&F Witnesses are bad people, although you get the power-hungry elders and sycophantic servants and the worship of COs and DOs... Boy am I glad to be free and able to think and express myself. But in addition to escaping, you can also play blackjack all night, and see Celine in concert any time you fancy! (Which I hope is never... :-))

And clarity, I am a huge Tori Amos fan, and Frog on My Toe is one of her less well-known songs. So entirely someone else's imagination I'm afraid.

Thank you both for the welcome.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi from California!

• irondork
    irondork

Howdy Frogonmytoe! (You're going to have to explain that name sometime.) Welcome to the forum.

I see Unstopableravens was quick to remind you of what a sinner you are... HOMO! There are a few of us homos flitting around this forum.

Glad to see you are still giving God a chance in your life. For me, after a lifetime of being told how much God hates me just for existing, hanging on to some sort of appreciation for him was not easy. Ultimately I had to reevaluate everything I had been taught about him from my youth up. I shared some of those discoveries in the following threads. Maybe they will be of some use to you.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/243651/1/The-sin-of-Sodom-and-Gomorrah-What-does-the-bible-REALLY-teach

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/243779/1/Do-not-lie-with-a-male-as-with-a-female-What-does-the-bible-REALLY-teach

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/243858/1/God-gave-them-up-to-disgraceful-sexual-appetites-What-does-the-bible-REALLY-teach

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/243959/1/ARSENOKOITAIS-men-who-lie-with-men-What-does-the-bible-REALLY-teach

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

irondork: we all are sinners, and have sinned and will sin(romans 3:23) i was not calling him out thou as your implying, i was stating a fact about the god of the bible, perphaps that fact bothers you? i have never called anyone a "homo" and i think its sad that you have to make me seem as im attacking someone because of their morals. i believe as i have said before it a sin same as fornication, its funny because in my comment i never said anything about homosexualality only sin in general.

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

Irondork,

Thanks, I will take a look at those threads later (just back from work!) I'm glad you know where I am, being told that you chose your sexual orientation, and that you are part of the problem - some comments and the KH were tantamount to the Westboro Baptist Church blaming terrorism on gays - and that your very existence was repulsive to God takes some getting over I'm not sure I'm ready to search just yet.

And for your information, Irondork, I don't flit, I stomp like the big butch bear I am. (Believe that, you'll believe anything...)

And don't have an argument on my account, you two!

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

Oh and hello to Hortensia! Whereabouts in California are you?

• Giordano
    Giordano

I Hear a Raven squawking......."nevermind." Every time the Raven squawks just tell yourself....Nevermind!

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

lol thanks edgar allen poe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit