"Something amusing to get you reading my post"

by frogonmytoe 18 Replies latest jw friends

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading threads on here for months, having not been to a meeting in about 3 years, and spending the year prior to that avoiding them. Considering I am gay and now live with my boyfriend, I think we can consider me officially drifted, or fallen away, or whatever semantic nonsense the WTS uses for specifying the manner of our waking up. Anyway, I thought it about time I said hello and hopefully make some new friends with whom I can talk about things. First, a little about myself:

My homosexuality was the cause of my leaving, but the cementing of the decision was actually being able to think and reason for myself, I had had problems with certain aspects of the teachings, but had let fear or death at the big A stop me from following them.

Currently I am still trying to work out if I believe in god or not, and if I did, who I would imagine him to be.

My three sisters are all still witnesses, but my father's family never were, and are highly unlikely to ever be.

I live in Spain now, but am from London originally, and I return there once or twice a year.

So, if you by coincidence, live in Spain (or know of any Spanish based websites such as this) give me a shout. If you are from London / Essex / Kent, also give me a shout. Actually, just give me a shout if you fancy it. I'd be interested if some of the people I had my doubts about back in the UK recognise me too... :-)

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

nope dont live there, but welcome nice to have you here, yes god is real. and as far as imagining who he would be, ppl can either believe in the real god of the bible or make their own gods, ppl can carve a god out of wood and if they want him to have three eyes, well make him have three eyes ,etc.. but ppl still do the same just without the wood, in thier minds well i dont want god to hate sin so ill make god in my mind cool with my sin, my point is you cant change who god is he is the god of scripture, he is love, he is a wrathful god, he is just, he hates sin, he is a strong tower and a fortress for the weak, he is an awesome god!

• gorgia
    gorgia

Welcome frogonmytoe! You are among friends here, wherever we all hail from. I live in Western Australia. Hope to hear more of your life story.

gorgia

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

Never been to Spain or England; would love to go to both someday. But glad to give you a shout nonetheless!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome frogotmytoe!!!I am from Dagenham Essex London Eng originally, I married a French Canadian
    & went to Montreal as a war bride,1946 I became a miserable old bat!( so you as a frog better watch out)
    After I lost 3 kids in death, 1944,1993 ,1999 & my hubby,,he died in 1985,I was kicked out of the WT in 1987 cos I
    didnt see Jesus come invisably in 1914.
    Glad you are free... Hope you are happy! Yes I am a follower of MY LORD & Saviour JESUS CHRIST!!!

I am the Granny on board... Great you joined the family!!!!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Welcome frogonmytoe. I am from the UK midlands, Leicestershire. If you are a typical Londoner you will know that is somewhere north of Watford

• whathappened
    whathappened

I am from the Midwest USA but still want to be friends, OK? Welcome and we look forward to reading your posts.

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

Thank you all!

Hey, I didn't want to imply I am looking to connect EXCLUSIVELY with people from Spain or the UK! Just that they will be more convenient to see in person!

Unstopable - yes of course, I get what you are saying, unfortunately I don't know if I'm ready for a spiritual search yet, the JW teachings are still hanging around and clouding my view...

Gorgia - thank you! Didn't manage WA when I visited Oz a few years back, but I have family (non-JW) in Tas, Sydney and Canberra.

Quandry - well at least now you know someone from Spain, and I live REALLY close to the beach :-)

Well Mouthy, you may well be my Essex Granny! I too was born in Dagenham (well Rush Green actually) so despite you having lives in Canada for so long, I'm sure we'll see eye-to-eye. Plus, you avoided all the Essex jokes...

Xanthippe, well I hope I'm not a typical Londonder, lots of my family live in and around Nottingham, so although it IS north of Watford, it's not so grim as the other Londoners say.

And whathappened - of course! But now I feel a little pressure to make them interesting...

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i gotcha just think about proverbs 27:1 none of us know what tommorow will bring, i look forward to chatting with you.

• Mum
    Mum

Welcome, frog. I live in the U.S., the entertainment capital of the world, Las Vegas, Nevada. It's a far cry from where I grew up.

Thanks to me (?!), my cousin (now deceased) who was gay became a JW. He was DF'd for homosexual behavior. He told me that the elders asked him to describe every detail of the sex he had. He was disgusted with them. Obviously, most of them have no life of their own and get their jollies hearing about those who do.

A few years after he was DF'd and moved to the other end of the U.S., I needed desperately, for my mental health, to get away from my JW elder husband. My gay cousin offered to help me in whatever way possible. So I moved 'way out west, and he took me in.

I am not from a family of JW's. Just a few of us got involved because my dad's boss was a JW, and he was a very nice man, i.e., probably not a typical JW in certain ways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit