My dad got appointed a ministerial servant last week.

by Joliette 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Congratulations! In recognition of your countless hours of selfless volunteer service we are happy to reward you with: ... [drumroll] ... More Volunteer Service!

And you get a nifty new title to go along with it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

What are the qualifications for the men to tote the microphones ?????

is that what your father will be allowed to do now ?????

• Satanus
    Satanus

When i was in, ms jobs were manning the book/mag counter, keeping track of field service map cards and sound. They were the various scut jobs. Executive jobs were for the elders. Mike handler qualifications were being male and in good standing. They would aften give handler duty as encouragement to some negelcted son of a single mother.

S

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

He'll be giving lots more talks now.

• Balsam
    Balsam

My first husband was a MS then an Elder got removed because he was sleeping around with a sister, then disfellowshipped then reinstated and back to being an MS after a few years. MS are truely the whipping boys of the Elders, the Elders too often let the power go to their head and are real asses butts. Get to close and they will kick you. Hope you Dad survives, but it might awaken him to the baloney that goes on behind the scenes. My ex heard all kinds of crap but still he remained in the cong because he liked the twistedness of it all. In fact he is still in it and as unhappy as aways. Hope it provides an awakening for your Dad and don't pull him in deeper.

You could laughingly say "Dad heard the news, I don't know whether to congraduate you or offer condolences." He has heard the talk among MS I'm sure you'll find the right thing to say.

Balsam

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I was an MS when I was 19. (yeah, that's how STUPID I was)

I don't see it as a "special privilege" for a grown adult man.

It's like becoming an altar boy at 50.

What self respecting adult thinks it is a privilege and a blessing to schlep the microphone up and down the aisles during a meeting?

Talks?

What talks?

You mean READING FROM A SCRIPT printed up for you in Brooklyn, don't you?

I gave the one-hour Sunday talk back in the 70's when they gave you an outline and you had to flesh it out or you'd be finished in 10 minutes. Even that was less of a "talk" than the longer TMS assignments, where the whole enchilada was up to the speaker to write.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    It is also a way to give a man a fake title so he feels even moore obligated....

I would point that out to him. If he ever brings it up, I would say, "They gave you a title, eh? I bet that will get you to do more."

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Why are all male JWs expected to reach out for a position anyway? That would be like all Catholics trying to be the Pope.

MS is something that you do as a young adult. There should be a way for mature men to go straight to Elder.

Congratulate him if its an accomplishment that makes him happy.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL!!!! Yes, a title instead of a raise!! That is the GB's favorite trick. The mother of all Promotions has been giving the rank & file a new title, that of a " domestic!" David Splane says, " We love this idea! It truly dignifies the Great Crowd!" Cheer up rank & file! We are controlling you more than ever, but instead of the raise you deserve ( a personal relationship with Christ as your mediator ), we are giving you a title!

Shrewed is the one who has seen the calamity and proceeds to conceal himself... Never accept a promotion at the KH!!! Your reward will be more stress and more responsibility! You will be a slave of the WTBTS inc.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Napoleon is said to have declared that " A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon".

The WTB&TS has found that they can save the price of a ribbon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit