Did you choose your religion, or did someone else choose it for you?

by jwleaks 11 Replies latest social humour

• jwleaks
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JWLEAKS:

My parents passed on their Catholic faith to me, I rejected it then joined the JW religion. Mistake.

After realizing IT was bogus, I rejected THEM as well.

• Wilfried
    Wilfried

I didn't have the choice.... But later, I had the choice to think by myself....

• James Brown
    James Brown

My mother chose it when I was born. It took me 31 years to figure out how to get rid of the

baggage.

I still have some little bags and cases at 60.

• okage
    okage

I met a beautiful Apostolic girl who seemed to have everything in life to smile for and wanted that feeling for myself.

Joke's on me, though. I've posted on here how that turned out.

From start to finish, I was part of a religion for 28 months.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Mother picked for me my grandfather for my mother

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

it was my parents and we've still not ironed this out.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It is easy to blame ones parents, or the culture that one grew up in or even those dastardly folk in Brooklyn. It is true that all of these people are part of it, but that is to say that humans have no reasoning power and are not responsible for their prejudices or the bad actions that may be the result.

In fact we are all responsible for ourselves, unless we are still young teenagers. As adults we had the influence of all the world around us . If we chose to ignore it and live under the blinkers of the WTS , then really we have only ourselves to blame. I should know, I lived under it as a baptized dub for forty years until something happened to make me realize that it was all BS. I admire the young ones who work it out when they still have a life to live - but cheesh! I am a slow learner

• glenster
    glenster

Parents regarding overview and liberal stances on some points altthogh it was
    more a private concern and not pushed. I did my own research more recently
    regarding an overview and liberal stances.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Parents...from infancy, didn't stand a chance...as my history shows...WHY Because I was a true believer, I was fully indoctrinated, I had absolutely no doubt...I would of defended my the belief with my life. A Very Dangerous Mind Control Religion CLUT!

SW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit