My Experience at the Safeguard Your Conscience Special Assembly Day

by Vienna Angelika 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• irondork
    irondork

Good news for you and your folks, VA.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I hope you arent posting under your real name either if thats the case...

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I think this is important. Often it is emotional stuff that breaks the cognitive dissonance.....this was probably a wake up call for them.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Congrats! Really great news for you. Bravo.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

My mother used to be an uber-dub, and she had a similar experience. Most of the talks dealt with conscience. An interested man and his family attended. Halfway through the program, they walked out, my mother hearing the man muttering: Let's go. There's no worship of God here.... My mother agreed with the man whole-heartedly. A lot was said of things that had nothing to do with the worship or praise of God. She also thought it was a massive waste of time. I am so glad that I don't have to endure such crap anymore.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Angelika, It sounds like your parents are decent people.

I'm a little confused though. Are you disfellowshipped or is it one of your parents? They way you write is unclear. Probably you don't want to say as if might further identify you, but you should know your writing is not clear.

At any rate, it is true: Shunning as practiced by JWs is unkind, unloving, unscriptural and most of all (from a theological perspective) UNCHRISTIAN!

Name one person in the Bible that Jesus Christ ever shunned? .... You can't because there isn't one.

Hang in there!

Oubliette

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I remember the early nineties, before the first big Generation change.

I had to go away on business for a few days, and went to the Group and Thursday meeting.

For the first time I was noticing how stilted and artificial peoples behavior at the Kingdumb hell can be. I felt that I was not one of them. Getting home the feeling continued, I was an outsider. Then of course the changes in dogma started, and I have never looked back.

Sounds like your parents are waking up...

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit