My Experience at the Safeguard Your Conscience Special Assembly Day

by Vienna Angelika 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vienna Angelika
    Vienna Angelika

Hi Everyone

So I have some interesting news about the Special Assembly day. Normally at the assembly, my parents pay close attention and take turns taking notes. Then after the program, they enjoy socializing for some time. This time was much different though. We arrived a bit late so we missed the first talk and part of the next one, but at the beginning of the next one, my Dad nudged the clipboard of paper towards my mom as he normally did in the routine way he had done all their married life. But this time, my mom declined for the first time! My dad, somewhat surprised, put the clipboard back in his case and never brought it out again the length of the program. I later inquired about it and my mom told me she had no desire to take notes and she plainly said "what's the point?". After the final song and prayer ended, we began making our way through the crowd towards the main lobby where my dad then informed us that he was going out to the parking lot to wait in the car for us! My mom whispered to me after he left that he couldn't stand being in a building full of people who are shunning me. May I add that not everyone is shunning me, only a handful, but that is too many for my parents to handle. After we got home, my mom told me she felt very strange that day, almost as a foreigner looking into a religion instead of being part of it. She said it was the first assembly that she went to where she didn't feel like a real JW . I think it really hit her hard.

So needless to say I am intrigued with their behaviour lately. I think the the self righteous people are really bothering them.

Let me know what you think!

• Vienna Angelika
    Vienna Angelika

Im feeling depressed for some reason

• Gayle
    Gayle

Wow, may more JW parents start standing up for the kids!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Try pming simon about deleting the posts. It must feel strange for your mother, at the assembly; like waking up from a dream and realizing that you are somewhere strange.

S

• Vienna Angelika
    Vienna Angelika

I agree. I'm glad to have parents as understanding as mine. My parents have been supporting me through all of this. Especially my mom (and best friend).

• Vienna Angelika
    Vienna Angelika

Yeah, she felt very awkward through it. Wasn't sure how to feel about it.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Wow, good for your folks. Your mom sounds like she's questioning things, big time.

Hope they continue to back you and start questioning more things.

tt

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

That first time feeling on the outside is overwhelming. Hope she doesn't get scared and run back

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Thanks for sharing ! This is good stuff that's happening !

Your Mom and Dad obviously love you more than they love the imaginary nonsense that is the WT Org.

I remember now, because of what you said Mom was feeling, that it was exactly that emotion that set me on the path to freedom, I felt I was no longer part of it, just an observer.

For me it was a long path, it took a couple of years before I began to act, and to start what I learned was called a "fade", so don't necessarily expect a quick exit for Mom, but it is a start, from which really there is no honest "going back", you have to fool yourself to do that.

All the best to you all for the future !

• steve2
    steve2

VA You need to take greater responsibility for what you post here. First you disclose a lot of private stuff relating to conversations you just had with your JW parents at a specified venue - then towards the end of your OP, you ask what you can do about earlier information you disclosed on the forum that you'd like removed because it could identify you. Huh? If you are really concerned, pm Simon or one of the moderators -don't advertise a new set of disclosures and tucked near the end, query how to remove earlier disclosures. Presumably you didn't intend to highlight you have disclosed personal information - but that's precisely what you've done!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit