Apostate views?

by Richard C B 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Richard C B
    Richard C B
    @toesup That would be pointless doing more if your starting to not believe in it. Bad advice I think
  • Richard C B
    Richard C B
    @Koncept.. excellent point. I think that is what is going to be the determining factor for him. Thanks for the advice.
  • Richard C B
    Richard C B
    Thanks everyone I got to log out off to work Ill check anymore posts later
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Richard C B , I agree it would be bad advice for an Elder to tell you to do more but that is what they will do. It's all about the busy work. If you're busy, you don't have time to think. They don't want you to think, they want you to conform. Thinkers are not allowed in this organization. This website if full of thinkers. Keep reading here, you will learn A LOT. Lots of good people here. Go back and read previous posts on here, there are SO MANY different and disturbing stories people have experienced.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Richard C B, If a congregation really cared about the health and welfare of other JWs instead of blinding following WTBTS's doctrines, JWs would exchange opinions about WTBTS doctrines like the Bereans did in Acts 17:11. Shouldn't the GB be praising JWs for verifying what they were told like Paul did to the Bereans?.

Why trust leaders who use undue influence to manipulate/guilt followers into donating more, doing more, and sacrificing more? According to Mt 11:25-30, I don't believe Jesus Christ wanted his followers to be heavily burdened like the WTBTS's treats JWs.

NIV Mt 11:25-30

The Father Revealed in the Son

25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26 Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

27 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hello Richard.

When I left the JW's, this would be in the mid 1960's, I did talk to a number of JW's friends in an attempt to see if anyone had a more informed view point then myself. I had been in since the age of 13 to 23 and hoped that I could continue to be a respected member who happened to not believe everything the Society insisted we believe.

Remember this was before the internet and before I was even aware of what the WT used to teach, how they became JW's and the personalities who drove the organization.

It took me about 2 years or so to learn TTATT (the truth about the truth), my main problem was the blood doctrine and Armageddon. If you are willing to take blood or make sure a loved one receives it there's no going back.

There was no place for any debate, for any opinion accept the official WT opinion. If I had jwfacts.org available to me (which references the Societies own publications) it would have taken me two days to figure it all out.

In my opinion Richard...... no steps should be taken by the congregation. If one no longer believes it is the truth one should simply fade away in my opinion. Never should they be shuned. Shun a pedophile, a murderer, a wife abuser but not a person who doesn't think its the truth anymore.

The JW's are so fearful of the Society that they run from any discussion or different point of view. Of course if they didn't have shunning I would imagine you'd lose 30 to 40 percent of the JW's.

To be a successful and contented JW you must practice rational ignorance............. making a rational decision to not look into anything critical including the past beliefs of the WTBTS because there's no acceptable reason for a JW to do so.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Excellent point about elder types, I think he might be in trouble if he goes to them. He has confided in me im not a baptized brother but I used to study about 10 years back. he is fine talking to me about it.

Didn't realize you were inquiring for a friend. That's very kind of you.

Here is a site your friend should review:

http://gwest59.tripod.com/ChristIsLord/id26.html

This is the transcript of a trial back in 1954 that makes the point quite clearly that the Society then (and now) is obsessed with mindless obedience to the point that they frankly don't give a damn if they got a doctrine wrong it simply didn't matter. It's a pretty shocking transcript.

• Richard C B
    Richard C B

@Giordano Thanks for the advice, Ive had a few days thinking about this prior to my post and I was thinking along the same lines as you. My advice to him would be to keep his thoughts to himself and not to express them inside the congregation, I feel it would do more harm than good. Like you say there would be no room for a debate. And better to drift out than make a rod for your own back.

• Richard C B
    Richard C B
    @ ABIBLESTUDENT thanks for the input. maybe getting off the topic slightly?
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

They will question your MOTIVES for looking at "apostate" information...

THAT will be the focus of attention and discussion, not the CONTENT of what is looked at.

It all gets back to this one question that they will ask: " Do you believe that the governing body is Jehovah's sole appointed channel?"

Oh, by the way, such a leading question has ONLY ONE acceptable answer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit