Ray Franz repeat?

by zound 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• zound
    zound

If one of the current governing body members pulled a Ray Franz and stepped down/got disfellowshipped then either wrote an expose or something else to go against the Watchtower society - would they be forgiven and accepted by the ex-JW community?

Considering they have Ray's example behind them I find it more deplorable that they continue in their paths, and personally would find it hard, though not impossible to forgive them - but am interested in everyones opinion...

• Londo111
    Londo111

As Ray said, these men are captives of a concept. If they free themselves of this concept, repent, I am sure they would find lots of acceptance.

• whathappened
    whathappened

That is one cool fantasy! Calling all governing body members: come over to our side, we would love to have you and all your inside information!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ray did alright financially after he left. Just alright. He did not make tons of money, despite the fact that he could really write.

The guys in there today have shown no particular talent toward writing. If someone wanted to write an expose, they might need a ghost writer.

I would gladly volunteer. Come on out.

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Ray was a smart cookie. Now all they have left are stale, overlapping cookie crumbs.

zed

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Why would he not be forgiven and accepted by ex-JW's any less than Ray Franz was?

• free2beme
    free2beme

To much power and respect to give up, no one will leave now.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There are still people who have a conscience. Many are trying to fight from within. If they gave that up we would welcome them-- at least I would

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

As shocking as this may sound, Ray Franz was not the first person to leave the WTB&TS for matters of conscience, he was simply the "biggest fish" of his time.

I left the JWs before Ray did. Back in the day, he would have denounced me with no pangs of conscience. I never felt that I owed a special "debt" to Ray.

I felt a kinship with Barbara Grizzuti Harrison, who left before I did and whose book was a vindication for me of what I knew. As I learned more about the history of the WTB&TS, I learned of others with whom I felt a kinship. Richard Rawe was one. Fred Robison was one.

I'm noy finding fault with Ray. I communicated with him a couple of times, and he was a gentleman. In fact, if you asked him he would probably say he didn't want a lot of fame or acclaim; he just wanted to tell his story. The Watchtower accused him of seeking to create his own organization, but histry once again shows the Watchtower to be a liar.

Sooner or later, there will be another WT "biggie" who will leave. I know this because beneath their reptilian mask they are human. ONLY human.

• zound
    zound

Back in Ray's day there was what 16? members. Now there's only eight - who have declared themselves the Faithful and discreet slave. And they full well know of Ray's tale of redemption and even have all the info at their fingertips.

Are they captives of a concept? Yeh probably. So if they did turn around they should be forgiven.

I can't see any of the hardliners turning around - Gerret Losch or Anthony Morris (the third).

Perhaps the newbie might have a change of heart - I forget his name now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit