UN (again!)

by zound 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mind blown
    mind blown

If you scroll down on this link this letter from the UN states the NGO has not changed since 1991.....Plus, one does not have to be a member of NGO to use the UN Library...

scroll down the link and you'll find it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/222903/2/Watchtowers-United-Nations-Association

I'm pretty sure I have what you talking about........I'll search more tomorrow.....I have to head out right now......

• zound
    zound

Mindblown, that second letter is good - "#3 that the criteria has not changed since 1991."

It looks like it is addressed to a personal inquiry not a public letter that can be found on their website. Thus it could be a 'fake', concocted by apostates and thus would be discredited by the JWs I'm trying to present this info to. I've tried writing to the UN, but only got the standard public letter so far. I think I either need that info in a public letter or a letter addressed to me if it will float with the JW's.

Which is why I'm trying to track down that brochure as I'm sure it would be incriminating.

• mind blown
    mind blown

In the mean time go through this entire link......we really hammer out ALL the issues.....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/222903/1/Watchtowers-United-Nations-Association

I'll drop back in tomorrow.....

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

The ending...The usual...

Please be assured of our Warm Christian Love and "BEST WISHES?" What is this?

Am I just tired tonight? I don't ever recall "BEST WISHES", on any of The Society's correspondence.

What category do they slot BEST WISHES?

We wish upon a star. lol

We wish we wouldn't grow old and die, like you promised. lol

Who is listening to these "Good WISHES"?

That's what I would like to know.

Of course, there is no Good Luck, but saying "Best Wishes"... in a letter from the Governing Body?

I am washing JW doctrines/nonsense out of my head.

Maybe I am just being picky this evening?

Just Lois

>>>>>Zound>>>>> Round - Sound - Pound - Bound - Found - Mound - Wound...Welcome! I hope you stay around on this mound of Truth, because you are bound to find plenty of people who have wound down, in their desire to be a WT Drone, in fact, they have found, they want to pound the alarm...like you, and want to share TTATT, The Truth About The Truth. We hope to hear, here, many, much and more, from you. lol

Just Lois saying nite - nite from The North Pacific

• BroMac
  • Splash
    Splash

The letter above from WT to the branch offices says:

"Still, the Criteria for Association of NGO's - at least in their latest version - contains language that we cannot subscribe to."

This does not say that the language changed, only that in the latest version they decided they could no longer subscribe to it. The latest version could have been in existence since prior to 1991, which is just what the UN themselves claim to be the case.

It is worded in such a way as to make the reader think there was a change to the Terms of Association.

Splash

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I like JWOP's page. Here you go. http://witness-outreach.com/UN.html

• Incognito
    Incognito

Zound said:

Thus it could be a 'fake', concocted by apostates and thus would be discredited by the JWs I'm trying to present this info to.

and

Which is why I'm trying to track down that brochure as I'm sure it would be incriminating.

Even if you had possession of the printed brochure directly from the UN, many JWs would discredit the info and say that it had been either made by or was altered by apostates.

Although I wish you success in trying to make a point to the JWs you're trying to reach, I honestly expect that you'll end-up frustrated and criticised for making an attempt, especially if you're trying to back-out and fade

Most JWs refuse to listen to or view anything critical of their beloved WT Society regardless of the factualness of the information. JWs will rationalize and justify anything the Society say or do, even when in direct contradiction to Bible principles or even to what the WT has stated themselves.

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

The fact is that the WTS has never publicly addressed the issue of registering with the UN in violation of its own published policy; therefore, the "old topic" remains very relevant. By its own standard of judging other religions, the WTS itself stands condemned as an apostate organization.

The World Headquarters letter to its Branch Committee suggests a very flimsy excuse the very purpose of which was to deflect sincere questions by devout JWs who thoroughly understood the WTS's policy concerning such affiliations. One cannot help but wonder who posted the confidential memo on the Internet. Whoever it was performed a great service in doing so.

• Splash
    Splash

@DATA-DOG
    Thanks for the link, I'd not seen that one before!

Splash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit