Defrauding the elderly ,the following story appeared on ex-jw.com

by raymond frantz 14 Replies latest jw friends

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

The following story appeared on ex-jw.com ,before you read it I want to add my own testimony .Some years ago there was an announcement at the Kingdlom Hall to donate money for the construction of a new Kingdom Hall ,many brothers and sisters donated their life savings and some considerable amounts .Ten years later no Kingdom Hall and the money has long since being transfered to the Watchtower's accounts where it earns them a nice interest .Amongst these brothers were also elderly ones that could have used this money for their retirement.Now the story :"

"I am writing this article to share my personal experiences and to disclose to all current and former Jehovah's Witnesses that the potential for the Watchtower organization to take advantage of their elderly parents clearly exists. I am specifically referring to the handling of family inheritances, last wills and testaments, estates, family trusts, and the disposition of property and cash assets.

I'll describe my family's present situation to demonstrate exactly what I mean:

Our 82-year-old father lived alone after my mother passed away. He has always been proud of his being independent and self-sufficient. That is until a so-called "Pioneer" set foot into his home. This "Pioneer minister" attended the Pioneer School at Bethel, and for a while he actually did some Pioneer service in other countries. After Mother died, our father was cared for primarily by this Pioneer (a representative of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society). That Pioneer's only responsibility was to look after and care for my father's personal needs in exchange for room and board and meals.

Although we were not notified of his condition, shortly afterwards our father started to show early signs of Alzheimer's disease. As is often typical in cases involving this particular diagnosis, his overall health began to degrade. In spite of the fact that this so-called "Pioneer" and his fellow elders in my father's congregation knew how to contact us, they made sure that we were deliberately kept in the dark about my father's true condition.

Even though we had a need to know, those elders and the Pioneer made a conscious decision to not keep us informed - in spite of my father's advanced age and physical condition. They knew he was already frail, and his mental condition was diminishing with the onset of Alzheimer's.

In fact, they tried to influence him to believe that we did not care about his well-being. The Pioneer made statements to our father on a regular basis that implied that we did not care for him as he did because we "resided in another state." This even extended to the congregation's elders because they would not allow our father to talk to me or have any other type of contact with us. They told him that if he continued to have contact with me (or vice versa) he "was not going to make it into Paradise to be with my deceased mother again."

My sister, who was also shunned by the elders, was able to maintain an open dialogue with our father by telephone calls on a weekly basis. There were times when the Pioneer simply refused to pass our calls to our father. We found that rather strange behavior and wondered if he was hiding the possibility that something might be wrong.

All of these factors resulted in our father being totally isolated from his own children. Limiting our access allowed them to take advantage of an elderly person unable to make many of his own decisions. Because of his declining health, my father was susceptible to their influences and their ability to control his thoughts and decisions. They also used their appearance of having "religious authority" to create undue influence over him.

It is a fact: a rapidly growing segment of the population are older persons with severe medical and psychiatric problems that affect their mental and cognitive abilities. Elderly persons like our father, who has been a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses for over 45 years, are even more vulnerable because they have been exposed to brainwashing techniques used by both the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society and the elders at the local Kingdom Hall.

We discovered that they managed to deceive our father into relinquishing his house (which he had totally paid off) and all of his other assets. While we were reviewing his savings account, we discovered that his bank account had been transferred to a new account bearing the name of the Pioneer. My father's stock certificates had also been cashed out.

Somehow the Pioneer convinced our father to sign a new "Power of Attorney." The Pioneer also coerced Dad into buying him a new automobile, using my father's perfectly good car as a trade-in plus another $17,000 in cash for the purchase. This was in spite of the fact that our father was not permitted to drive; it was clearly unsafe for a man of his age and condition to drive.

We also discovered a number of IOUs belonging to the elders of the local Kingdom Hall. Money owed to our father and one of the IOUs were used for the construction of a new Kingdom Hall.

The Elders were aware of the Pioneer's actions and their own involvement while they unscrupulously took advantage of our father's finances.

Shocked and disgusted, we discovered that within the past six months all of our father's assets had been depleted. The so-called "Pioneer" made himself the sole beneficiary of my father's newly revised will. We were never informed about the execution of our father's new Last Will and Testament and no disclosure of its existence was ever made to us. In fact, we later discovered that all pertinent original legal documents were taken by that "Pioneer" and he has refused to return them to us.

It would have been obvious to anyone that our father was not sound of mind and body. We know that he would have never relinquished ALL of his assets to unrelated persons the way they claimed he did, especially to anyone unknown to him - if he had not been coerced by the elders and Pioneer. They took advantage of him and were clearly legally negligent in regards to dealing with his declining health.

Our poor father and mother (now deceased) lost their entire life savings to the Jehovah's Witnesses. Nothing remains. We cannot even afford to pay his medical bills. All of this hardship brought on our family is due to the leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses being encouraged to take advantage of elderly members who have substantial financial resources.

The fact is that Jehovah's Witnesses have a history of using their religious position to unduly influence their elderly members.

We consulted with two attorneys who will pursue this case of possible criminal exploitation and fraud. We are waiting for a report from the Police Department of Palm Bay, Florida and the State Attorney who specializes on the protection, well-being, and rights of the elderly. My sister and I have decided that we will carry on legal action against those involved as long as necessary. We will assure you that the Jehovah's Witnesses involved will not get away with this. Nothing they did should stand up in court - everything they did appears to have been fraudulent and deliberate.

I want to emphasize that my sole purpose in submitting this article is not just to disclose my own family's experiences. I also want to inform current or former Jehovah's Witnesses who may have gone through similar situations involving their elderly parents, that there is hope - that justice can be achieved by going through the courts.

We'd also invite you to share your experiences. We know that we are not alone - certain that there must be many other cases similar to ours. If those of us who have been victims of the Watchtower's exploitation of the elderly unite together - and take legal action against them - we can expose the vile practices of the abusive cult known as "Jehovah's Witnesses."

• zeb
    zeb

absolutely despicable.

• zeb
    zeb

Get a good photo of this bastard to give to your lawyer. It helps.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

GET A GOOD ATTORNEY = ONE that IS WILLING to PLAY DIRTY Try this case IN AND OUT OF THE COURTROOM - TAKE NO PRISONERS! include the WTBTS in the Lawsuit, go to the MEDIA - ABS, NBC, CBS Write the Attorney General of the great state of FL Write Marco Rubio

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

RayFranz, ulitimate repsonsiblity lies with your family who traded off with the Pioneer. JW kids need to learn from your experience, trading physical and emotional responsiblites with a Pioneer or anyone has never been the answer, we had many lazy sons and daughters (Not you, in all seven kingdum halls I served in, we had this problem occur) who gave the JW living with the parents "Carte Blanche! We have had "POA" for seven years now, our parents do not trust their other kids who ripped them off. Where were your brothers and sisters when this guy was systematically screwing you over? Come on now, I think every JW with a ounce of brain power would be connected to their elderly parents Estates, stocks, bonds, real estate ect.. Parents might think your invasive but after discussing the issues and your fears of your parents getting ripped off, many parents are allowing their kids access to their accounts and credit (permission to review, not use!) assets, TRW Reports ect. Where were the kids who let the Pioneer take their job over?

The elders of the Kingdom Hall will try to shake down every single elderly person when a single Pioneer is looking for housing. We had a illegal immigrant with two kids, she was broke with husband and ex-boy friends actively seeking her down. The elders knew about her problems and still they dumped her onto our 88 year old cranky sister's door steeps. The elders who dumped her, each had plenty of "illegal dwelling apartments" they could have rented her or allowed her to live in "rent free". The elderly are being duped by the Elders, they think the Elders really give a dam or care, when the fact is the elders are looking for the easy way to get out of tough problems!

This illegal immigrant sister showed up with two kids and a sad tale of divorce, boyfriends hunting her down and no money. Brother Fred Gufus and Ostrich Bozo Elder wanted the quickest solution to a potential costly problem. They put the crazy illegal immigrant Pioneer in Sister Cranky's house and Sister Cranky had her credit cards and checks stolen. The elders are incompetent when it comes to any situations with finances, social or mental problems and getting their flock gainful employment, it's best to malinger on the public dole and pioneer!

Seriously we need tough love now! It's up to every decent kid to keep the Watchtower's Patented "Parasite Pioneers" from ripping our parents off, I have enough problems with family all the time, they are trying to clean my JW parents out in the name of Watchtower Society's Expansion!

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

Unless it goes to jury this case has no legs. And a jury is a crap shoot. The First suspicion should have brought members of family down to visit the dad and then take over all financial matters. The fact that this didn't happen is the big gaping hole of this story. Whereas I feel bad for the family and I dont put it past the pioneers and elduhs that they can act unscrupulously...the fact that I see they left their father out to dry and now they are regretting that move.

Their anger while justified would have been diminished if they had taken a more active role in the care of their dad.

So basically i believe there is more to this story then meets the eye.

Time will tell what if anything the courts will do. I hope that RF will try to keep us posted on the outcome of the legal action which knowing how much this costs me thinks it won't happen.

Slavenomore

• wasblind
    wasblind

On the flip side of the coin, If a member get sick

and don't have two nickles to rub together, Witnesses

will say it's the families responsibility to take care of their own

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Wasblind" I always heard it's the disfellowshiped kids responsiblity to take over the roles of "care-giver" and "meal provider" while the "good elders and elderettes" are preaching the Watchtower's Mantra from Coffee Shop to Coffee Shop!

We had dealt with devious members of the Tower who knew the "disfellowshiped kids were more emotionally loving and had consciences than active JWs", I swear I heard this told several times my friends!

• Stubborn Disbeliever
    Stubborn Disbeliever

I'm with dreamgolfer, go all in. Get em all. That is just awful. It's hard enough to deal with death and the responsibility of taking over matters afterwards, and then add in this crap! How disgusting! Such a sad, pathetic (on the JWs part) story.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

CLICK ME http://www.canada.com/ Taking+advantage+elderly/7936674 /story.html

Taking advantage of the elderly

Comox Valley Echo February 8, 2013 I am writing to tell you about how my step-father has been taken advantage of by the "Jehovah's Witnesses". These people friended this elderly couple and enjoyed the hospitality of their home but, when a crisis hit the family I feel they swooped in like vultures and took advantage of his fragile state of mind.

Firstly my stepfather is 90 years old and his wife is 91. His wife entered the hospital in November 2012 and he was living alone in his home till now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit