What will happen when JWActivists goes back online?

by okage 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon
    Please try back in 4 Hours 48 Minutes 15 Seconds

There is a demonstration in the difference between precision and accuracy.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

I don't understand..

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

It says 11 hours 15 minutes just now (UK).

Expect some JWN flaming on relaunch....

• Simon
    Simon

>> I don't understand.

You can be precise but completely inaccurate and the opposite.

e.g. Pi = 9856.8376438715698576 is precise ... but very wrong whereas Pi = 3.1 is accurate but not precise.

Hope that made sense :)

• okage
    okage

Currently 20 hours 23 minutes. Last night, the countdown was on all zeroes.

• Terry
    Terry

When I first moved from Texas to California I took a temporary job which required that I drive 66 miles to work each day.

On my first payday I had the task before me of getting to the bank before it closed or I wouldn't have any money for gasoline, food and rent and my wife would strangle me with her bare hands!

Guess what? I had a flat tire.

I pulled over to the side of the road and got out my jack and lug wrench---but--I couldn't turn the last lug nut because it was on way too tight!

A tow truck driver saw me standing there with what must have been an exasperated expression on my face and he stopped to ask if I needed help.

WOW! "Yes--I can't get the lug nut off my wheel to change the tire and I need to get to the bank!"

He offered to remove the lugnut with an oversized lugwrench with extra torque power. Yippee! I was delighted.

He placed the wrench on the nut and tried to turn it......IT WAS STILL STUCK!!

So, he took his boot and lifted his leg and stomped on the wrench and it seemd to TURN!

I was very happy!

Except...the lug nut had not really "turned" it had stripped!!

He apologized and was embarassed but had to leave because a call came over his CB radio that was a paying job!

Now what was I going to do?

The guy had the best intentions in the world but I was worse off than before.

Should I be angry and disgusted at the Towtruck driver? Or, should I just accept what happened and move on?

While I pondered the tragedy another fellow stopped his car and came over to ask if I needed help. (Ain't Californians nice people?!)

I explained what happened.

He thought a moment and went to his trunk and came back with a blacksmith hammer and a cold steel chisel.

"The only way you're gonna get that sucker off of there is to chisel the nut loose. Then, you can change your tire and drive to the bank, cash your check and go buy a new lugnut."

I agreed. It was the only way.

I took his name and address down and his phone number so that I could return his tools.

Then, I started hammering and chiseling and banging and wailing away on that stupid G-damned lugnut!!!

Now why am I telling you all this? What has it got to do with the Topic?

I just want to point out that when we find ourselves with a problem bigger than ourselves and people take the trouble to try and help us--we need to be GRACIOUS when they fail. Hundreds of people will leave you standing there stranded for every ONE PERSON who cares enough to TRY and help.

If they strip your nuts in the process---FORGIVE THEM and THANK THEM and do most of the work yourself no matter how dirty and impossible it seems.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

(p.s. I never got to the bank on time. I ruined the cold steel chisel and never returned the hammer. I had to ask my Uncle Wally to drive 66 miles with a can of gas and my wife was livid when I walked in filthy and penniless.) Shit happens!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit