What will happen when JWActivists goes back online?

by okage 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• okage
    okage

The AAWA website jwactivists is down for repairs or whatever, so here is my prediction of what it will be when it comes up:

* The site will have removed all mention of JWN
    * The site will have revised their own history.
    * The site will have a registry that will be contingent on confirmation of identity in relation to the WTS, but will also limit the function and communication of naysayers of John Cedars' only working Organization on Earth.
    * Privacy will not be addressed
    * The donation button will be at least 20% bigger except there will be two, one for the local effort and one for the worldwide work.
    * A library of Cedars' previous publications with new content edits that are supposedly for "accuracy."
    * A special login section for AAWA members with more "privelages."

These are my predictions. What do you think they are going to do to the site that needs maintenance after only a couple weeks?

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Massive security issues resolved.

You actually made some really good suggestions above all be it tongue in cheek.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I think it might be more severe than that. Maybe some more people of the board have abandaned ship? Maybe there are problems with the Presidents identity?

48 hours is a very long time keeping a site down.

I think this is tragic, and I do pity Juan Viejo...I hope he is not in to legal trouble.

• okage
    okage

Thank you Tylin. I've never successfully pulled off tongue-in-cheek before, so it makes me happy to hear it.

And taking away the sarcasm from my post, these would be functional suggestions. Cedars, whatever his current standing may be, wrote some great articles that should be consolidated onto the site. A confirmation based registry for the AAWA is helpful. Use some of those credible volunteers to do thorough background checks on applicants and supporters as it pertains to the JWs and their standing with the Watchtower Society.

But aside from that, I feel with Cedars burning bridges with a much larger and more established entity of ex-JWs and faders, the AAWA cannot thrive with him as the decision maker. It's in his fake name, so only an imaginary figure will feel the legal brunt of anything, should anything happen, but there is no obligation to have him as the head or the chief decision maker.

Maybe he can keep writing for the group, or be a liason (no promise I spelled that word correctly) for the AAWA with other interested businesses or support groups. But as a decision maker, he needs to know when to hold and when to fold, and he's made it evident that he doesn't know either one.

Much good can come out of the AAWA, I feel, but not when helmed by an imaginary man who refuses to out himself while showing no sympathy for those who were outed by a security breach on his watch.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Maybe it won't come back at all.

• Simon
    Simon

It does seem to have been down an awful long time now.

Hopefully they can get things sorted out and get on track which is all any of us have wanted.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Isn't it Juan Viejo that's running that site? I am a bit bothered that he could be in trouble now.

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

One more for your list Okage:

* Forum

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It will be interesting once it's back up. I think they will continue to re-write history. I dn't like the obvious divisions it's causing, and they seem to care little. Very much a policy of "Our way or the highway". Great going guys. Nice to see how deep you still are mentally in that old cult you were a part of

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Maybe facebook took it down if there were complaints.

I never actually got to see what the group page looked like because when I followed the link it wanted me to login. I didn't want to do that in case I was somehow joined to the group just by logging in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit