Apostacitis

by Rufus T. Firefly 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

When I went inactive, it was somewhat distressing for my parents. However, when my dad heard from several JW "friends" that many ex-bethelites have also gone inactive or *gasp* "apostate", my parents were, like, "makes sense". So they realized that it wasn't just them, it was the entire bOrganization.

Apostacitis is certainly a big deal in WT. Of course, it gets so complicated with all their "new light" where yesterday's "apostacy" becomes today's "food at the proper time".

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome!

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Looking forward to hearing more, nice introduction!

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome, glad to have you with us. Sounds like you have many more stories to tell.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Apostacitis and shun gun go hand in hand. These two topics are right in line with what I told my husband today. If JWs werent so fast to df and shun that wouldnt have so many apostates to worry about.

Rufus T. Firefly WELCOME Gma-tired2

• zeb
    zeb

A further example of a people with no education. They seize on a word or idea and it becomes a brand as in the old way of branding cattle to sear into whatever they dont like. But like said brand as hard fro the recipient to remove.

• Mum
    Mum

Welcome, Rufus! I sometimes have a keen desire to get roaring drunk and maim a few GB members. Is this apostate thinking. Am I okay if I only fantasize about it?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"he would be considered an apostate if he continued to express the viewpoint to others in the congregation. That’s right! The elders rejected the letter from the Branch!"

Hmmm....you were vocalizing something the WT has put in print, the WT confirmed your view as correct, then the Elders reject the WT.

And yet the Elders had the audacity to call YOU the apostate!!

I guess sometimes "apostasy" really comes down to whether or not you agree with the local BOE.

Welcome to JWN... the cure for many things ending in "itis".

• goatshapeddemon
    goatshapeddemon

This was one of the more interesting opening threads - and all of them are interesting, so hats off to you.

Welcome.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Welcome Rufus T. Firefly...How are things in your country...Freedonia? lol You are a funny guy. lol

I would love to have sat in the audience and heard "David" give a talk on the benefits of being a homosexual inside the Christian Congregation. (You can be one, just don't act on it). Better yet, I would have loved being "David" and seeing the expressions on peoples faces, as he gave this particular talk. As I said. You are a funny guy. Billy the Ex-Bethelite is funny too, but he has been pretty busy studying at University. If you are not too busy, we look forward to hearing more from you.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit