Baptism of a chid and an elder's response to my objection

by never a jw 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• never a jw
    never a jw

I just learned that an 11 year old kid is taking the questions for baptism. As soon as his father finished tellig me this, I told him that he should make his son wait, but he responded that he couldn't go against Jehovah' spirit. I gave the guy a break because he is the uneducated and naive immigrant who puts his heart, not his mind, into the religion. I decided then to send an angry email to the main elder of the congregation (also a substitute of the C.O., well respected and known by everyone in the circuit, and he never fails to deliver the important speeches in district and circuit conventions).

Here's my email

I just learned that (name deleted) is going to have the questions about having full allegiance to the leaders of the Watchtower lest he is cast out as mentally diseased. Shame on the body of elders if they reach the conclusion that the innocent kid is ready. Are you going to make a full disclosure to him of all the errors, lies and shameless intellectual dishonesty in the publications printed in the Watchtower's headquarters. What are you going to do if the kid gets baptized and 6 years later learns about all the things that I have learned about your leaders, and then decides to abandon his faith. You know the consequences, his social life will be shattered by the cruelty of WT's shunning policy? Are you going to blame it in on Satan, as frequently is done by irresponsible an arrogant people, or are you going to take responsibility for you gross negligence? Here's his email I am surprised, Never a JW, that you, of all people, cannot see that we must let him and his parents choose.

GALATIANS 6:4, 5 4 But let each one prove what his own work is, and then he will have cause for exultation in regard to himself alone, and not in comparison with the other person. 5 For each one will carry his own load.

Would you have us choose for him?
    Mr. Elder Is there any wonder that the Bible is very dangerous in the hands of incompetent zealots?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I try to remind everone that Jesus waited til he was 30 and he was perfect but unfortunetly my 14 old daughter just got dipped.

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

Yes, Crazyguy, Jesus set the example for Christian baptism. The organization also claims to adhere to the pattern of the first-century congregation, except on the matter of baptism. Read on:

"Regarding first-century Christians, historian Augustus Neander states in his book General History of the Christian Religion and Church: 'Baptism was administered at first only to adults, as men were accustomed to conceive baptism and faith as strictly connected.' ” (Watchtower 4/1/06, page 27)

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

Oh, and to 'never a jw': Good for you!

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

"GALATIANS 6:4, 5 4 But let each one prove what his own work is, and then he will have cause for exultation in regard to himself alone, and not in comparison with the other person. 5 For each one will carry his own load.

Would you have us choose for him?"

Hmmm. the WTS makes a lot of choices for it's people, e g in areas of education, medical treatments etc.......that's just hypocrite.

Is this elder 100% sure that it's not the parents choise?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Never a JW...Good for you! I have never heard of anyone doing such a thing. I am sickened by the Elder's "Headquarters", response back to you. Having baptisms on the report for when the Circuit Overseer comes by, looks good for the congo . Too bad, for the child.

Crazy Guy...I am sorry about your daughter, not listening to the wisdom of her father. (((((Hugs)))))

Just Lois

• never a jw
    never a jw

LOis,

She never listened to what I have to say because I never said a thing regarding her Mom's religion. I was so stupid. I never researched the weird religion of my wife because after all they were nice and honest people. I was so stupid for not realizing the insidious harm being done on my children. I stilll got one son who is not baptized, but still so brain-washed. Being a full blown atheist and skeptic since age 13, I never realized how powerful cult leaders can be. To guys like me, the claims of cult leaders often sound so stupid that it's hard to believe that intelligent people would take them seriously. But it happens; I am witnessing their mighty power.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Edgy, but like telling a pedophile it's not nice to offer candy to children if they will help him find his little lost dog. The relationship is not altogether out of context.

Your elder's response was as you should expect. The Watchtower wants them young and pliable. All the better to shape them into the robots they will become. Children in all religious societies are the subjects of brutish indoctrination. This one is no different. "Give me the child for his first seven years and I will give you the man" sayeth the Jesuits. Allow me to baptise an innocent child and the Watchtower will have him for a lifetime, sayeth your elder.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Here's my reply to his reply Mr. Elder, Surprised?. Have you been deleting without reading my e-mails of the last 12 months, or are you sarcastic? What is the point of having elders if they are incapable of using common sense, especially in situations as important as the baptism of a child. So if (name deleted) wants to marry tomorrow, quit school, or take any other unwise path, you and the body of elders sholud give your blessing and restrained from any advice. Your answer is so inconsistent with your eagerness to disfellowship at the slightest sign of disagreement. Why don't we stop the unbiblical Judicial Committees and follow the same biblical advice you are using to justify your allowing the baptism of a child. So inconsistent, Galatians 6:4-5 is good for the entrance, but not for the exit. The Bible is such a dangerous book in the hands of mind controlled zealots. Are you guys blind? Don't you see the religious intolerance that you apply, when years later you cast out and ostracized these children for changing their mind? Don 't you see your Middle Ages inquisitional religious attitude?. (Name deleted) is only a child. How can you expect him to have the slightest hint of maturity to make such a huge decision as to commit to a religion that demands unquestioning allegiance to its doctrine and is willing to ruin the lives of those who don't fully adhere to its rigorous and unreasonable rules. You are only stregthenning my conviction that the WT grip on its members is very unhealthy and harmful to people, especially the young ones.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

To be honest....I think you are to confrontative. Try to get him to express what he feels and thinks. Now he will probably just give you the societys answers.

You could ask him in a careful way if he really thinks it's OK disfellowshipping a 12-13 years old boy/girl?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit