Quote from this week's WT study

by dissonance_resolved 20 Replies latest social humour

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

"God's servants on earth will not need to defend themselves against aliens from another planet.". Good to know- but strangely no scriptural reference for this gem.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am suddenly interested now in all reports of UFO's and people getting a jolly good probing etc. The WT has a 100% failure rate for predictions.

This is a WT prediction, so I expect it to be wrong, so Aliens from another planet are expected by me, anytime sooooooooon.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Seems random. Can you supply more context?

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

It was talking about how people listening to a radio program of "War of the Worlds" in the 1930s thought it was a real alien invasion. Segue to the coming war of Armaggedon, and how in that war, we won't have to fight aliens. It just seemed really strange, even in context.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well that's a relief. I never had alien combat training

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

What was crazier ... War of the Worlds alien invasion on the radio in the 30's or what Rutherford was preaching in the 1920's?

Hey Phizzy, considering the track record of the Watch Tower's Faitful and Discreet Slave as to predictions, I think you have a point there.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

"God's servants on earth will not need to defend themselves against aliens from another planet."

They are right, we are already here. Why does everyone think alien invasion is a bad thing?

• Room 215
    Room 215

We've come a fair distance from the Sermon on the Mount, it seems.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Which WT and what pages? I have been eagerly awaiting Blondie's comments, but to no avail lately. I try to keep a step ahead of my possiblly re-active husband. Though he hasnt been studying for months now. I want to keep sharp so I am able to know what is being said .

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

2/15 watchtower study edition, page 17

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit