To all the Elders, Ms, Co etc. out there - Are you accountable for the deception

by *lost* 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

For the most part, these men are honest, and do believe in what they do. BUT!!!!!! I for one cannot see how these men can sit in those elders meetings (JC) committies, and hear time after time what "apostates" are saying, and yet not click!! they dont want to hear the truth, they love the position they have. I cannot see time after time how they can ignore their conscience. I have been involved, on the accusing side of an issue regarding a Elder lying, even with PROOF! (the 2 witmess rule) the issue was ignored. Just like the Pharisees in Jesus day, re. the blind man, Jesus cured him, and still the leaders expelled him from the synagogue! Sorry I think I am with LOST on this one. They know what the "apostates" are saying, and they know what we say is truthfull.

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk (I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Honesty, Good men, humble, meek, or how ever you want to refer them...is irrelevant...once they took the title and position of Elder they took on the responsibablity of KNOWING what Jehovah wants.

They could be the worst POS elder... but when called upon for a decision they opened their Bible and based it on Gods word then they are better then all the good well meaning elders in the world!

You can be deceived but they are in the position of "knowing" and took an oath to uphold Gods standards--not men. They are suppose to Make Sure Of All Things!

In a position of oversight you don't have the same out as one who is not! They are more accountable.

• There is no I was just following orders!

SW

• *lost*
    *lost*

All that is needed for evil to conquer is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

edited to add - If they were carrying the label of, teacher, police officer, priest, pastor, mp etc - would you be more vocal in that due to their positions of trust it is worse when they know better but still do/see wrong and allow it to carry on.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

A scriptural answer - James 3:1 - "Not many of YOU should become teachers, my brothers, knowing that we shall receive heavier judgment."

#1 reason I resigned as an elder once I learned TTATT.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Leaving Quietly. Brother, Glad to see you have a conscience. I have a beer waiting for you some day!

affectionately: Brother of the Hawk (I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Responsible ?Of course they are .They purpuatate a lie .Interestingly the Bible says that the elders will have to put a millstone around the neck and jump if they ever wrongly accused a sheep .Now why does the Bible say that ? If you are an elder or ministerial servant step down ,if you stay it is your problem and you will be held accountable from Jehovah .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit