To all the Elders, Ms, Co etc. out there - Are you accountable for the deception

by *lost* 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• *lost*
    *lost*

If the Elders united, rebelled and shut up shop - would it bring down the WT. ?

They 'shepherd the flock' - does that make them more accountable than anyone else for the deception and lies and trickery and deceit.

Are they all non-believers who are along for the ride ?

Are they cowardly for taking a stand ?

Why can't they stand up for the 'TRUTH' if they are appointed by God ?

Anyone else ever had these thoughts ?

regards

lost

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Too simplistic a way of thought.

If all the Elders walked away, more would be put in their place to 'guide' the flock. They are expendable. Do I think they are all cowardly and liars? No. I believe that many of them believe what they are saying - some are more liberal than others, but at the core, there are basic beliefs that they hold fast too. Others? They may not be living the part they preach.

No they aren't accountable for any 'deception' if they believe.

It is not the Elders that you should think about - it is the governing body. Through them come the direction on all things and through them only can come the dissolution of the WTS. sammieswife

• tiki
    tiki

sammieswife is onto it....you cannot just lump them all together and imagine a setting where they all rebel en masse and end it all....they are individuals and serving for varying reasons. a lot are very sincere caring people who truly think they are leading the flock through the malestorm....some are there because they like the idea of being looked up to - gives them a prestige they'd otherwise never find in life...those who know TTATT are the ones that i wonder about. they are being hypocrites - and while they continue in their position thinking they are there for some sort of good, they are actually setting a bad example. they need to take a stand for what is right and what they believe in - that sends out a really strong statement to those inside who are getting sick of the drivel and see through some or a lot of the foolishness.

truth is reality. it is not a tunnel-visioned religion.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Hi Lost. We HAD a good friend for over 20 years that was an elder and sub CO. We used to be able to talk to him about anything and he had mentioned a few doubts he had himself.

Not anymore, he's a gung ho compnay man that said I had independent apostate thinking and thought I was better than the org. So I believe that for the most part, they are partly responsible for what we see going on in the org today. They carry out the laws and punishments from the GB.

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

Accountable? Those elduhs who have left might feel accountable for their actions they took while under mind control from the publishing cult. But for Those still in they are doing gods work, as long as they are following the rules of the GB.

The Milgram(-sp) experiment tried to explain why good people can do harmful things following orders. From what I remember it was because the one following orders believes he is an instrument, a tool so to speak, and thus not accountable for the results from following orders.

As an elduh I was told as long as we followed the guidelines set forth in writing the org would have our back if a lawsuit came our way after a JC and the like. If we overstepped a rule and it was shown then we were on our own.

One last point there's a world of difference between a sincere elduh and a company man. But the cautions they routinely get from letters and the CO can get the sincere ones to stop trusting their heart and to become less humane(following dogma).

Slavenomore

• wasblind
    wasblind

STOP, SHOP AND COMPARE

Spot the similarities in how the WTS is run ,

compared to that of the Souther slave master

On large plantations slave labor was divided into the gang system ( Car groups ) and the task system ( KH Quick builds )

gangs worked best in the fields, and the task system allowed masters to assign specific jobs to be completed in a certain amount of time

Plantation gangs labored under the strict supervsion from the owner ( Governing Body )

an overseer or driver. It wasn't uncommon for the slave driver to be black. He in turn worked

under an overseer and his duties were to assign work, keep up the pace, settle disputes amoung slaves

tell folks when to start and stop work, distribute food ( Literature ) , and carry out diciplinary actions

Like the WTS the slave master thought his " Organization " of these slaves was directed by GOD

To justify his actions towards the slaves.

the Southern slave master thought he did the African a favor by takin' them from their native land and enslave them

becuase they were half naked pagans who did not worship in a way familiar to the slave master

Elders are an unfortunate group of men caught between havin' the facade of power

but in reality they are impotent. as powerless as the slave who is owned by thier master

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

To add to wasblind's very thought-provoking post, note that in this instance the Faithful and Discreet Slave is really doublespeak for an abusive master.

The leaders of this religion have lost the thread and it has--as is all too depressingly common--become a destructive cult.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yes I had this thought two years ago Lost when I saw my brother who has been an elder for about twenty years at my cousin's golden wedding party. I hadn't seen him for three years since my husband's funeral and he had put on a tremendous lot of weight, looked very unhappy and by the way he was knocking back the booze I hope his wife was driving.

He knows TTATT I feel sure of it, he did not look a happy bunny. He is not stupid and yes he's accountable for the deception that he is part of and it is killing him slowly, I would say.

• wasblind
    wasblind

the Southern slave master thought he did the African a favor by takin' them from their native land and enslave them

becuase they were half naked pagans who did not worship in a way familiar to the slave master

Compare what I mentioned here to the words of the WTS

" Another factor to consider regaurding the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses is this : Have these truly uplifted people morally ?_____Reasoning from the Scriptures book page 137

Like the southern slave master the WTS boast that it uplifts those held captive in this religion

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Yes...They have the responsibility to read the Bible and know what Jehovah and Jesus expect. Most teachings do not need anyone telling you what it means.

Example: LOVE what does it mean? Jesus said to do everything out of love. If your action is unloving then the act is going against this teaching. So if I bring to an elders attention a teaching that I just found out is different then what is being used today and he tells me to keep this to myself or I will be said to be causing a decision...he is liable for his actions and accountable.

Elders are notorious for saying "The WT says this or the Org says that" and base their decisions on that instead of Gods word.

Example: when discussing facial hair, where does the decision come from? How about style of dress? How about who the FDS are? How about disfellowshipping? Take your pick of anything you can think of and the answer will most likely be from a publication or the secret elders book. Some loosely based on the bible.

I had an elder tell me if the gb told him to shave off half of his mustache he would --- so these men blindly follow men! Their actions prove this not what I or anyone says.

When you open the bible and read what it says and they say it doesn't matter...they only rely on what the Wt says this on the subject--- You bet your a** they are accountable!

SW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit