are the elders waking up too?

by nowwhat? 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My mother said their CO said: "Since it's been nearly 100 years since the statement "Millions now living will never die" and all of those people are in fact dead, it became obvious that the F&DS was wrong about it's understanding of "the generation", thus they had to seek out new understanding from Jehovah."

I think A LOT of us got to wondering why Jehovah was screwing with 'em for 100 years.

Doc

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

So, I guess the admonition is that we now can buy green bananas. Thank god for the new light.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    Post 5628 of 5631
    Since 4/16/2009

"If you are a young one looking to study in college and plan your retirement, well, don't expect this old system to last that long." I immediately said OUT LOUD to where the people around us could here, "They said that back in 1969!"

After I faded and quit going to meetings or assemblies, my wife still attended by herself....it was sad to see her going out the door on her own, I knew she'd feel like a widow sitting there without me next to her but I physically couldn't handle it anymore. I was acutally having anxiety and nausea by just hearing the music and the sound of the speakers voice and the sound of the crowds. The last assembly she attended was in 2009. She headed out the door on her own and I felt so guilty. About two hours later, to my surprise, she showed up back at home. I could tell she was upset, she sort of flung her purse on the floor and threw her coat on a hanger. I asked her what happened....why she came home so early. She said "Oh....there was a talk and the speaker was saying that most jobs don't require a College education and Witnesses don't need to pursue a higher education to support themselves. I can't beleive they are still saying this stuff after all the times they've been wrong. How can they still be saying this??? Where are they getting this information??? What Jobs are they talking about.....Mc Donalds ?? This even less true now than it was when we were kids !"

She is a very smart lady and because she doesn't have a degree, she must subject herself to idiot supervisors who can barely speak english and who were recently part of the unwashed masses in a foreign country. She half does their jobs because they are often clueless as to how to perform in this country. Thanks to listening to the Watchtower's advice as a young person, she isn't able to move up in her position without a degree even though she can do the job backwards and forwards and run rings around the ones who do.

She hasn't been to a meeting or set foot in a KH since. She won't even look at this website. Being a JW is a thing of the past for her and she has no need to think about it anymore. If you knew her, and how faithful a Witness she was, you'd be suprised at how big a change this is and how quickly she adjusted to it.

One of her relatives is a married Bethelite and I really suspect they are waking up....they have made some surprising comments about life at Bethel and the struggles some are having with certain recent changes.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You mean they are starting to realize that " Meat in due season " was just a disingenuous and conniving marketing ploy to proliferate literature ?

• Gayle
    Gayle

their CO said: "Since it's been nearly 100 years since the statement "Millions now living will never die" and all of those people are in fact dead, it became obvious that the F&DS was wrong about it's understanding of "the generation",

How does the CO and everyone else, not go into the next thought of "what else could they be dogmatic about at this time, that is also 'wrong?'

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

When I was appointed, I quickly started gasping for air because so much stuff was heaped on my back all at once. I started thinking "Can I do this for the next 30-40 years of my life? I quickly realized there was no way in hell that this would be my life, and eventually one thing led to another.

This was before they dropped the book study though. I really think that one of the primary reasons they dropped it was because they were burning through elders. There were five that I can remember that stepped down in the decade before I left, and none were DFd, I know three of them had families and successfully cited "burnout" as a valid excuse.

They also dropped the #1 talk and cut the Sunday talks to 30 minutes, also measures to ease the burdens on elders. So I don't know if they are as busy as they were a few years ago, the lower time investment may not be pissing those guys off like it did to me.

Still the doctrine is a field of landmines. Any elder that truly reads his bible is going to notice the inconsistent teachings. And this new "worship the FDS" Watchtower is just another straw on the camel's back.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"it became obvious that the F&DS was wrong about it's understanding of "the generation", thus they had to seek out new understanding from Jehovah their a$sholes."

There DoC, got that corrected for him. Unless...
    ...has he named his a$shole "Jehovah"?

In which case, their "new understanding from 'Jehovah'" is just "fresh poop".

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

"it became obvious that the F&DS was wrong about it's understanding of "the generation", thus they had to seek out new understanding from Jehovah their a$sholes."

A lot of JW's in my country have been seeking new light in such places! http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/humour/249169/1/Kingdom-Hall-pranks-or-persecution

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit