are the elders waking up too?

by nowwhat? 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

we have an older very faithfull elder body and whenever they talk about armegeddon or the end of this system of thiings, they always use "very near, close, soon, etc"

well on the stage one elder when talking about the great tribuation this week , he said "possibly in our lifetime" !!! that really caught my attention and even my wife's too!

• Gayle
    Gayle

"possibly in our lifetime"

doesn't sound too urgent that way, does it? not so necessary to just give up on 'this' life, to give up on marriage, having children, just to deliberately eke by, go to extremely boring repititious meetings and knock on doors with no responses, etc etc.

I just recently have email contact with a JW that just left couple mos ago. She said some JWs are sensing something is wrong and not happy with recent changes. I suspect there is an undercurrent happening, but many are stuck in the "where else is there to go" mode. Anyway, this attitude & spirit won't be bringing in "new" ones, nor be retaining their young ones.

• blondie
    blondie

I believe the WTS has talked about Abraham not expecting to see the fulfillment of God's promise to him in his lifetime....statement by Paul. (Heb. 11:13)

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

We are waking up and many, including myself, lurk or post on here. There is so much b/s spewing forth from the F&DS slave now its hard to ignore. Example: This weeks bible study in the Jeremiah book pretty much telling people not to have kids. wtf??? Jehovah spared Jerry the pain of losing his wife or kids so its better not to have kids or better yet stay single and pioneer? Where the fcuk do they come up with this b/s!

• Room 215
    Room 215

They may be bullied into keeping their misgivings to themselves, but lots of the friends I know find this recent spate of revisionism -- i.e. first the "overlapping generations" and this most recent FDS/GB fiasco unsettling.

• Patrick45
    Patrick45

We certainly live in an extraordinary time period. As the FDS has taken the place of Christ and they are about to put themselves on the throne of Jehovah, judgement will be swift. Lawsuits based on their dirty cover up of pedophilia cases could cost them billions. More important is the drain of devouted true christians from the org. They will be left without anointment and there will be spiritual distress, hunger and thirst. The grip will become harder and harder and it will become more and more evident what kind of slave is in charge. Jesus holds the 7 stars in his hand and he directs things and has throughout the last 2000 years led true christians to himself as he alone is the true good shepperd. This message is a very powerful one to JW´s realy in search for truth!

God bless.

PS. One important advice for those leaving. There are many wolves within AND outside the org. Always test anyone proclaiming to be a christian.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Either waking up or putting 2 & 2 together whilst still asleep.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

"possibly in our lifetime"

Jeez, don put this guy in charge of a, say, bus schedule

• garyneal
    garyneal

Had one speaker at the last assembly I attended say, "If you are a young one looking to study in college and plan your retirement, well, don't expect this old system to last that long." I immediately said OUT LOUD to where the people around us could here, "They said that back in 1969!"

• Heaven
    Heaven

"If you are a young one looking to study in college and plan your retirement, well, don't expect this old system to last that long." I immediately said OUT LOUD to where the people around us could here, "They said that back in 1969!"

Gary, good one! You are so right. I was told the same tripe way back when I was a kid. I'm now closer to retirement that the beginning of my career. They keep regurgitating and spewing the same nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit