Important News You Probably Didn't Hear Because of the Boston Bombs

by Hortensia 11 Replies latest social current

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Brian Williams said that if the bombs hadn't happened in Boston on that day, the world would be discussing the other news that day:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/16/17781845-bush-era-torture-use-indisputable-guantanamo-must-close-task-force-finds

This is shocking - if I understand it correctly, President Bush knew about, discussed and approved the torture of prisoners at Guantanamo and other secret CIA prisons. Is former President Bush going to have to answer for this? Of course not.

Take a moment from reading about the bombs in Boston and the explosion in Texas and the earthquake in the middle east to read this article.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Hortensia:

Peter Jennings is back?

BWms

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

sorry -- Brian Williams. I got the name wrong!

Doesn't really matter, still an important story.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, kind of disappointing that the people who make the decisions aren't the ones that ever have to answer for the evil they have other do on their behalf.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh no, we watched it...on Jon Stewart's daily show.

Forgot to add: Bush...LOS

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Dubya will face the consequences of his presidential misdeeds, just like Tricky Dick did.

Oh, wait...

• gcs7000
    gcs7000

Outside the US, both Bush and Cheney can be arrested as war criminals. That is why you rarely, if ever, hear of either of them traveling abroad.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Didn't Obama promise to close it way back in 2008?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, he did, SBF.

It makes me wonder what intelligence he was given to justify it's continued existence.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If it's still there when he leaves office he should be ashamed of himself. There are people who have been held there because of mistaken identities and other outrages of injustice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit