What's the incentive for becoming a JW now? July 15th 2013 Watchtower

by dazed but not confused 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

What is the incentive to becoming a JW until the great tribulation starts? According to the “new light” of the July 15 th 2013 issue of the Watchtower, the great tribulation starts when the United Nations attacks “Christendom.” And Jesus will judge people during the tribulation as sheep or goats. Then once Armageddon happens, the “goatlike” ones will be killed. It was always my understanding that Jesus was separating the sheep and the goats now, with help from the preaching work.

So, why should we worry about being saved or becoming a JW if Jesus isn’t judging us as sheep or goats until the tribulation – Attack of UN on Christendom? It seems to me we can take our sweet time...

The whole first article lays out how the Watchtower was wrong all these years, but look here, we MUST be right now.

5 We also discerned that the first part of the great tribulation did not begin in 1914. Why not? Because Bible prophecy reveals that the great tribulation will start, not with a war among nations, but with an attack on false religion. Thus, the events that began in 1914 were, not the beginning of the great tribulation, but the “beginning of pangs of distress.” (Matt. 24:8)

6In the larger fulfillment, the “standing” will occur when the United Nations (the modern-day “disgusting thing”) attacks Christendom (which is holy in the eyes of nominal Christians) and the rest of Babylon the Great. The same attack is described at Revelation 17:16-18. That event will be the beginning of the great tribulation.

13 So, then, what can we conclude? Jesus will judge people of all nations as sheep or goats when he comes during the great tribulation. Then, at Armageddon, the climax of the great tribulation, the goatlike ones will be ‘cut off’ forever.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Mrs. Dazed said, "Maybe I will come back when the UN attacks Christendom" Knowing that this will probably never happen.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Mrs. Dazed said, "Maybe I will come back when the UN attacks Christendom" Knowing that this will probably never happen.

If it does, I owe you a Coke.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

lol sd-7. I wont be holding my breath

• a watcher
    a watcher

The opportunity for salvation could end at any time. After that it will be too late.

"Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many...will seek to get in but will not be able." (Luke 13:24)

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

a watcher - Why are you still posting here. Don't you know this is an apostate website?

And according to the watchtower, it apears that I have time between when the tribulation starts and the start of armageddon.

• Honesty
    Honesty

a watcher, have you gone to Jesus for salvation?

Or, did you run to the Watchtower Society for your salvation?

• wasblind
  • a watcher
    a watcher

Honesty, I went to Jehovah for salvation, through Jesus.

The Watchtower Society is just a means to that end.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Opening words of par 13 on Page 6: 'So, then, what can we conclude?'

There goes the WT jumping to conclusions ..... again!

There has got to be a word that describes someone who is always quick to jump to conclusions: Hasty, impulsive, compulsive, judgemental, neurotic and oh yes........annoying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit