Committee Chairman: tell us about yourself

by crmsicl 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

committeechairman,

I totally respect your choices but I have a very hard time coming to grips with the absolute fact that JWs have no respect for me or others who have chosen a different path for themselves. The question I would like to ask you is the same question I would love to ask all my JW family. How can you possibly continue to associate with a group that teaches a lack of respect for others and how they may feel? To me that is like saying you disagree with the killing of Jews, but support the Nazi party.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

c/chairman - I was forcibly DA'd.

If you knew me would you talk to me in public?

Not fault finding, just interested.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, committeechairman. I want you to be our local HLC if we ever need it. Out of curiosity, do you believe the Watchtower Society is the organization closest to the "truth" in our day?

• tornapart
    tornapart

CC, I'm happy that you're here. You sound the same sort of elder my hubby is, even though I know he'd never visit here. He's of the same mind as you, he doesn't always agree with things either and is always saying that it's impossible to have all the answers and he won't always go along with things. Even if he's the only elder on the body that disagrees with something because it's not scriptural, he'll stand up for what he believes is right. However he still goes along with things as he still believes it's God's Organisation.

I respect you coming here. You could be a great help to many on here I'm sure.

• crmsicl
  • a watcher
    a watcher

Welcome, committeechairman. I look forward to reading your posts.

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

Thank you for your response. I respect your point of view. I hope you stick around. It sounds like you have been around for quite awhile already so don't run off now.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

no matter what you believe here at jwn there is always going to be many that disagree with you, we have athiest, jw, christian who believe gods word is 100% true, believers who hear voices that tell them gods word, heck we even have jesus him self on this site. personally i believe that if you just read your bible and believe it half the things you believe as a jw ,you will no longer believe, i look forward to more of your honest post, and glad to have you here.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

The nice thing about a board such as this vs your local kingdom hall, is that for the most part everyone coexists even though the groups run the full range of belief, fith, non-belief, and more.

Your approach is not dogmatic, but rather "personal". So in that case you get people who respect your viewpoint, because they assume theirs will be respected as well. Thos enice men that you are sure mean well, would have these people (and possibly you), branded an apostate. By my estimation apostacy is something for which Jesus shed blood no longer applies. How sad to throw around such a terrible word.

My journey was interesting. Alot of time invested. I saw being a JW as being part of a religion, but it was an outlet for my spiritual need and desire to help others. I did however feel that the branch took a hard right maybe 3-4 years ago and realy ramped up the role of the GB. Lo and behond now they are the sole members of the FDS who you MUST be with in order to make it. I just don't buy it. Biblically, logcally, according to conscience, and according to our history. Then I discovered we were wrong on blood. After that I knew I had to remove my family and my young baby from the organization that makes you chose between your life and your family/friends, and I saw disfellowshipping in the light of the day for the first time. A way to enforce belief.

I hope you continue to learn, and I find it facinating that elders come here. Good for them. I was a servant for many years, and only visited here after I was distraught because of what I had learned.

Welcome, and we look forward to you adding your own opinions to the mix.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Just one more thing to add. Suggesting that "arrogance" is the only way to believe you may know something that 8 men in Brooklyn don't......might not be the way to go. After all, your arrogance has brought you here has it not? :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit