New here, well, sort of...

by L3G 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• L3G
    L3G

Been lurking here for years but finally decided to come out, at least partially. Of all things, the post of 'bats in the belfry' re: the supposed break up of GB member Geoffrey Jackson and his cute (ex-?) fianc ée a few days ago spurred me to do so. What struck me was the party line on engagements breaking up in the 75 WT. One line reads:

'Or, during that period, the man might participate in some serious wrongdoing, perhaps becoming drunk, engaging in some immorality or seriously dishonest act.'

Is it just me or did anyone else pick up on the 'seriously dishonest act'? This is an unintended admission to the fact that, in the borg's view, a dishonest act is not always dishonest. In their mind dishonesty has levels of seriousness, likely b/c they are so accustomed to lie and lie. Many of these lies are not only OK, but are officially sanctioned. An engagement can be broken only if such lying is serious. This is all quite an admission, isn't it? Of course, THEY would never admit this, but we know...

As for me I have to be careful. After years of faithful service and putting up with degrees of realization of TTAT, I quitely faded after gradually relinquishing my responsibilities. They still call on me, trying to activate me, but like so many others I cannot continue to brainlessly parrot the party line when I don't believe so much of it any more. Nor can I explain my true feelings to the high-powered bro. who has been assigned to call on me, one of the kindest elders I have met (he's soooo loyal). I'd rather not get DFed for that most serious of crimes, disagreeing with the GB. It's really rather remarkable that you could be an axe-murderer, a cannibal, or a child rapist but all those crimes pale in comparison with that wickedest of sins, apostasy, isn't it?

Anyway, I want to be careful so I don't get cut cut off from family and friends. I'm sure many here will understand. Maybe I'll post here some more from time to time.

Ciao.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Welcome, no need for personal histories and background and reasons for doing XYZ, ... though they can be helpful to others, protecting your personal risk of being outed comes first.

I'm a fader too btw.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Hey L3G,..

Welcome to "the ""rest"" of your life". ( Hey, I just coined that thought, get it, the REST of your life, like now you can actually rest,.. oh well) lol

ANYway, it feels good to be able to share, albeit incognito, your story and to realize, hey, I may not be as crazy as they wanted me to think I was.

I hope the other lurkers out there, ( Like I was a mere 2 years ago) make a move to be true to themselves and get on with their lives by admitting, at least to themselves that this concept spouted by the WTBTS, although compelling to WANT to beleive for the benefits, has no basis in reality.

I don't quote Cher often, but when I do, it's this "Life is NOT a dress rehearsel"

NJY

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Maybe by "seriously dishonest act" the GB is excluding "theocratic war strategy," which says that it's only "lying" if the other person is entitled to know the truth.

Or maybe they are excluding "white lies": "Yes, dear, you look really nice in that outfit..."

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome, all the best as you continue your fade

• poppers
    poppers

the supposed break up of GB member Geoffrey Jackson and his cute (ex-?) fianc ée a few days ago

Really?

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN.

Bangalore

• L3G
  • poppers
    poppers

L3G, I didn't see anything in that thread about a breakup, or did I just miss it? Bats in the belfry is just speculating why they aren't married yet; nothing definite about a breakup.

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

L3G Welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit