Witnesses out 3 by 3 today?

by judi8751 19 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

It could be that there were only 3 meeting to go out and no one wanted to go by themselves. Or it could be a dicey neighborhood.

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

I've noticed a strange phenomenon happening at my home:

For the last 6 weeks or so, we've had witnesses on our doorstep at LEAST twice a week. Not sure what's happening or why they are so persistent.

Never once before this time have I had them in my neighbourhood. And not once have we given them a moment of time when they've knocked.

I'm starting to think maybe I have "Watchtower Pheromones" LOL

• blondie
    blondie

Well, there was the big Memorial push, the special 30-hour auxiliary pioneer program, and advertising the special talk.

We finally had a memorial tract shoved in our door this year

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Maybe the END really is coming? Maybe they are right and everyone else is wrong?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I haven't seen any JWs in my neighbourhood in at least two years. I was beginning to think they stopped the preaching work and were waiting for the big A.

W

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

LOL Finally Free

I'm in Ontario too, You haven't had any in your neighbourhood because they're too busy hanging out on my doorstep

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

You must live in a better neighbourhood than me. No donations around here.

W

• wasblind
    wasblind

Lostintranslation____" For the last 6 weeks or so , we've had witnesses on our door step at LEAST twice a week . Not sure what's hapening or why their so persistant "

But why do the Witnesses call repeatedly even at homes of people who do not share their faith ?

" People themselves change ; serious problems in life may stimulate an awareness of spritual need "___Reasoning From the scriptures book page 206

They circle their prey

• LostInTranslation
    LostInTranslation

LOL Wasblind

I've felt like a sitting duck for quite some time, I AM collateral damage after all

But I've learned quickly to leave the trash at the curb.

• blondie
    blondie

I have found that the majority of jws I know do not make not-at-homes. Some even reason that the territory will be worked again soon and those people will be reached. Or that God will direct them to the "sheep" somehow, at work, on the street, through the telephone. People who are at home during the optimum jw preaching time, Saturday mornings, will be called on more often. Don't be home then, go do something fun. movie, shopping, hiking, take the dog to the park. We are home during that time and have never been called on...but then we are bad inactive jws and our house may be skipped. We also do not answer the door or wave them away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit