The true story of the Bible regarding God's view of Genocide

by Christ Alone 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Yes, I already know the atheist's anger towards God, and the attempts to erroneously state that He advocated genocide, which . I am ready to hear all the anger directed towards the God that these men and women state that they don't believe in. They might as well be angry with the FSM. It IS erroneous. Here is a good defense of the what the Bible REALLY says. Those that really want to see the other side of the issue and not just the angry atheist (and debunked) atheist argument, here are some good explanations. Most atheists here will not dedicate the time to watch these videos because they are angry and have their minds made up. But for those who really do want to hear both sides before making a judgement, here are some good resources. I am sure most arguments will come from those that do not watch these videos, because basically every atheist argument is thoroughly dealt with here. I'm sure I will hear more than one, "I don't have time to watch a long video." Well if you want to examine all sides before making a conclusion, you can find the time.

I am leaving to go out of town and will not be here to debate these. But I think the atheist argument is so strong on JWN that we all know where they stand. God is angry, bitter, murderous, and not the same God as discussed in the NT. We've heard it all before. So is the FSM. But here are some great arguments that this is not a logical inference upon what the text of the Scriptures actually say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOgSxv37SbE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZavMx3gsTSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI_F4suRn0c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3QZQJYHlt0

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

One more very interesting perspective:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sO087AjU08

• cofty
    cofty

No atheist is angry with god - that is just a silly canard you use to avoid meaningful debate.

I understand the theist position intimately - you obviously don't understand the first thing about unbelief.

If the videos are so good why haven't you summarised them in your own words and explained succinctly how they answer the points I and others have explained in great detail in our own words?

Posting videos is no way to do apologetics.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

No atheist is angry with god

Would you like me to go through JWN and cut and paste the "angry" comments? How can you say that every single atheist is not angry? You know each one? They expose themselves by saying they don't believe in God, but then speak of their disgust of Him. The anger is apparent. And everyone here seees and knows that there are angry athesits here. Yes, I this is against your definition of atheism. But what atheists say about themselves and what is reality is not the same. I don't hear comments about how disgusting and violent unicorns are.

If the videos are so good why haven't you summarised them in your own words and explained succinctly how they answer the points I and others have explained in great detail in our own words?

Because, these are complex issues that cannot be thoroughly discussed in single posts, and to expose the erroneous claims that everyone that claims disbelief has thoroughly dealt with all these issues. I have talked with several who claim to have examined both sides. But it just doesn't fit. And these videos are not for you Cofty. You are not open to another side. Your mind is made up and you have no desire to see another side. You claim that you were already a "true believer". You claim to already know the argument, but it is apparent that you do not. I lurk here all the time and have seen your answers. And they do not hold up. Why don't you watch the videos and tell us all how they are wrong?

But you prove my point. Atheists will generally not look at another side in detail. You want me to explain all the points in a post rather than watch an organized presentation of the facts of what the Scriptures actually say.

See you guys next week.

• steve2
    steve2

I need to clarify Christ Alone: My anger is directed at religion and its founders (who are not Gods but fellow human beings). How can i be angry at a "God" I don't believe exists. In addition, to portray me as angry and nothing else is a wilfull distortion. I also feel sad and empathic about people who have been so indoctrinated about the punishment they will receive after death that they live lives of fear. I do not share this for you to have a religious answer by way of pointing the way by which people can be saved. No, I post it because you seldom move beyond simplistic and distorted "takes" on what athiests believe.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I need to clarify Christ Alone: My anger is directed at religion and its founders

Now, THAT, I totally understand.

• cofty
    cofty

Pathetic.

I am thoroughly familiar with the arguments of Bill Craig, Frank Turek and Paul Copand.

I understand christian apologetics better than you do.

Which particular point would you like to discuss?

You know you have been taken apart by me and others so thoroughly in the past on this topic that you are now hiding behind hours of videos and childish taunts.

Grow a pair and engage in your own words.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I understand christian apologetics better than you do.

Really? We've met? We've talked? You are able to make a snap judgment? Sounds like you may have gotten worked up, and want to prove you are "bigger" than me. Refuse to watch any organized info. That's fine. Like I said, this wasn't meant for you. And I knew you or MP or EP would be one of the first angry atheists to respond. And you only know how to respond with anger. That's fine. Again, I am leaving for the weekend. See you next week.

You know you have been taken apart by me and others so thoroughly in the past on this topic that you are now hiding behind hours of videos and childish taunts.

How have you taken me apart? Sounds like I hit a nerve. Awe...cheer up. Have a good weekend.

• cofty
    cofty
    Refuse to watch any organized info. That's fine.

I already told you I have spent countless hours listening to and reading the arguments of these 3 apologists on this very topic. I used to preach this stuff in church.

Asking me to listen to these videos again is like a JW apologist asking me to read the "Live Forever" book again to make sure I understand what they believe.

You don't accept that I was just as certainly a christian as you are now for precisely the same reason that JWS insist none of us were ever REAL JWs. It comforts you.

The imaginary god of the OT that you worship and adore is a moral monster. OT apologists have a moral code strikingly similar to the average Afghan warlord.

Which specific arguments convince you otherwise?

You don't get to pick your opponents on a discussion forum CA.

• Messerschmitt
    Messerschmitt

Hearing William Lane Craig say that we have to look at the context in the first video reminded me of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK7P7uZFf5o

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit