So, Was It Just "Luck" Or Did "Jehovah" Intervene At Times For You?

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• PJoseph
    PJoseph

I talk to God last night. Found this forum today.

Leaving the Jw's is a very good thing. I still believe in Jehovah God, and will never turn my back on him.

• cofty
    cofty
    I talk to God last night. Found this forum today

Thank god or thank google?

Welcome to JWN. Never say never.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

So, PJoseph are you suggesting that god communicate with mankind through this website?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

He hasn't done squat for Mad Sweeney.

• clarity
    clarity

Hmm ..I believe strongly that..........

I will always find a parking spot near the door......

and I do!

clarity

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No, joke-hova always did whatever it could to make the situation as bad as it could. How many times Satan intervened for us and joke-hova would get credit--worse yet, we would drive Satan and His Demons away from us at such times. Invariably, joke-hova did everything to make sure my life would be as blah as it could make it.

• likeabird
    likeabird

When in I had many things happen that convinced me that there was some kind of divine intervention going on.

As soon as I woke up, I still had amazing things fall into place, just minus the prayer. It was a big eye opener for me.

I would answer no to both your possibilities as I don't believe in luck either. More a question of hard work paying off now and previously not setting high expectations.

In any case, for the number of times a prayer has been "answered", how many times has it gone unanswered?

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

I could probably count 3 times in my life but only after I started thinking for myself. I thought it strange that a two congregation memorial observance could be thwarted by a forgetful school janitor, without any divine intervention.

For me, one instance was a million to 1 shot. The second and the third could have been an amazing coincidence.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

The tipping point in my gradual awakening was realizing that Jehovah either doesn't exist or doesn't help us one damn bit.

As a 17-year-old girl I was starting to get some male attention, so I prayed fervently (on my knees, in tears) that Jehovah help me to find the right marriage mate.

A man I knew returned from Bethel a couple of months later and started hanging around with my family. I didn't really pay any attention to him until one day, to my absolute shock, he proposed. Thinking this was Jehovah's direction I accepted.

Flash forward 27 years. I'm miserable. The man is a sexual fiend who has raped me frequently over the course of our marriage and generally made my life miserable in a zillion different ways. I stayed with him because I believed it was Jehovah's will for us to be together and it would work out well in the end.

One day I had an epiphany. In my childish faith I had asked Jehovah for the proverbial egg and had been handed a scorpion instead. Malicious sadist.

If Jehovah existed but would not intervene in the way I expected why didn't he lovingly let me know? Why would he spit on my faith in him by allowing me to marry a monster and suffer for decades? If he didn't exist then why the heck was I wasting my time in a bad marriage and a stupid religion?

No matter what the answer was to those questions I was in a lose-lose situation and needed to cut my losses. My husband picked up on my changing attitude and in short order I realized I was in danger and escaped.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I can't think of any instances where it could be construed that jehovah did a miracle in my life.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit