So, Was It Just "Luck" Or Did "Jehovah" Intervene At Times For You?

by minimus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know Witnesses believe that miracles were done away with other "gifts" after the apostles died but every so often they suggest God produced a miracle.

Did you believe that Jehovah God saved you out of a bad situation? Did you accept that God's angel help you out?

• Stubborn Disbeliever
    Stubborn Disbeliever

I'm not sure what to think anymore. I know there is a higher being that has been there for me many times. My car rolled 3 times and I walked out without a scratch, I was addicted to meth and ended it myself, I have been in multiple situations where it was a 'close call". SO many instances. It could be God, it could be angels, it could be fate or destiny, who knows. I think we should all just be grateful to get out of things we were lucky to get out of ;)

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

One time my Dad went out in field service, a man was arguing with him, My Dad wanted to show him the scripture that he has in mind, but forgot where is it in the bible, but he just opened his bible without turning a single page, the scripture is right there in his eyes, he thinks Jehovah did it for him.

• sinis
    sinis

I really believe its due to "You become, what you think", as the great Mr. Earl Nightingale (1950's motivational speaker) indicated.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I was never saved from anything bad while I was a JW, in fact it was the complete opposite for me. About the only good thing that ever came out of that cult was I use to work on the kingdom hall builds with the electrical crew. At one site I did meet my husband, we were married a few months later, and in 2001 we left that cult together. Hubby wanted to leave it much sooner than I did, but he waited on me, until I figured the Watchtower out for what they really is.

I won't even go into the crap I had to endure growing up in that cult.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I can't say I ever believed Jah saved me or bailed me out; I do remember worrying if my life course was 'blocking the spirit'.

• cofty
    cofty

Anecdotal evidence for answered prayers and miracles depend on confirmation bias.

As an unbeliever I experience happy coincidences and set backs exactly as I did as a JW and as a christian.

• jw07
    jw07

If someone believes an apple tree will save them, bows down and prays to it, they will perceive anything good that befalls them thereafter as a result of worshipping that tree. It could have been a stone, it could have been Zeus, or Ra, or Osiris, or Ishtar, or Odin, or a peice of chocolate. It's just a matter of perception.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

In words of one syllable, No!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I really would like to believe that god helped me escape from the cult that I was raised in from birth and a marriage that occured due the teachings of the same cult described in this very same sentence.

If god really did help me, thank you very much. If he did not help, then thanks for nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit