How is Life measured at Death?

by Monsieur 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58
    Cofty: Lars - Get therapy.

Yes. I wish it were that easy. The scroll I eat is sweet to the taste, but bitter to the stomach. So many wonderful blessings for so many, including the chance to live again when life is cut short at a young age due to senselessness. But still, so many will turn away from God's gift and lose out on eternal life.

I'm not crazy. This is real. Me getting therapy is not going to help YOU.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

if we are to fully do this and fully allow it of any individual as his/her naturally given right, then can we criticize others for searching for said meaning?

Good question Monsieur. Those of us who have left the WTS now have the opportunity, many for the first time since we were born into that cult, to freely explore ideas and look for or create meaning in our lives that isn't dictated to us by others.

If any person or group of people on this earth are treated as absolute authority on every subject and those who question them are treated as mentally ill then the bright light of The Enlightenment will be extinguished.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

And that is why we should embrace every single day. Love your family and tell them as much. Live well and healthy.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Sorry to hear about your friend Monsieur.

Since learning that the WT religion is a scam, I have come to realize how precious this life we have is. I think about my own mortality and that of the ones I love. I never gave much thought to dying young, now I see it as the tragedy it is.

When you are a JW life just passes by without really being appreciated. Some JWs almost hate this life because they believe a much better Satan free life is just around the corner. Like prologos said, we should live this life the best we can, it is the only life that is guaranteed.

What is that saying.... 'Keep looking for answers, beware of those who say they have them'. Something like that.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

How is Life measured at Death?

Life is NOT measured at death.

Life is only measured when one has breath.

"Rip"

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

Death as you describe in your op, Monsieur, is a huge loss, it is a complete change that pushes toward another identity both symbolically and in concrete terms. This is how I see the death of a young person. I guess this will be true od af dying at any age but when a young person dies it can be felt even more acutely.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Death is gonna happen - it's not IF..it's WHEN. Accidents can speed things up,

Sickness can draw it out.

Sadly we have no difference in our bodies other than some Medical growth that has allowed us to make death wait longer than 2,000 years ago,

but we will all kick the bucket

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Mon, think about the Van Goughs and the Jimi Hendrixs and the John Lennons, Geroge Harrisons and all the richly talented. Makes you go hmmmm.

• Monsieur

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit