How is Life measured at Death?

by Monsieur 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

Recently an old friend died in an accident at the tender age of 35. The unfortunate event has been described from 'sad' to 'unfair' etc.

Dying of old age is one thing, dying of sickness even.

But dying abruptly in an accident (or worse, being eaten by another creature, shark etc) is downright ludicrious.

If there is no afterlife in any shape or form, and one dies being struck by a surviving drunk driver or murdered at a theater, a tornado, or mauled by piranhas, what the hell is the point of that??

what of all your work to raise a good family, helping your fellow man, doing good deeds, building something etc.??

it's almost laughable to think that one can do all these things and in the broad spectrum of things death can make it all ultimately meaningless...

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It's just the way it is.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Sound like Solomon.

• cofty
    cofty

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity.
    What profit hath a man of all his labor which he taketh under the sun?
    One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth abideth for ever

• prologos
    prologos

it isnt. That is why we should do everything well and good. the reward is the now (the journey) as far as we can prove.

that is why wt life is so destructive, because any afterlife, future reward is not proven, apart from the stories told and wt sold.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

There's lots of information around Monsieur. Try Google. Don't assume all the answers are on this forum. There are many disillusioned people on here who don't want to be fooled ever again so they refuse to look at any ideas apart from those endorsed by scientific papers as if they have made scientists their new gb. Think for yourself, do the research, it's hard work but rewarding.

• cofty
    cofty
    they have made scientists their new gb

Science is simply a method for discovering facts about reality.

It is the method that has changed the world beyond recognition and freed us from millennia of superstition - well some of us at least.

Reality is amazingly, jaw-droppingly fantastic. Supernatural delusions are so boring.

Find your own meaning in life - its the only one you will ever have.

• Monsieur
    Monsieur

cofty,

you mention finding a meaning in life.

if we are to fully do this and fully allow it of any individual as his/her naturally given right, then can we criticize others for searching for said meaning?

in example, a terrorist/freedom fighter, Assad/kim yong-il like opressor, sexual predator, etc?

i know im going off subject on my own thread here (and i'm not arguing with you, the idea simply came into my head)

but this concept of living purely in the now seems to also underline the same frustrating 'futility'.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

I'm the christ. So it is REAL.

This comment makes me wonder what you will think of Armageddon, when billions will die? Billlions of all ages including chldren of the wicked.

The important thing is that that person will come back in the resurrection and have a chance for eternal life. If that person was deemed righteous, which likely two-thirds of everyone living will be considered, then he will get eternal life. But if this person is deemed to be unworthy, then after his resurrection and seeing how wonderful the paradise earth is under God's rule, then he'll die again, undergoing the "second death", which is the final death.

So it is more important to live a good life with a healthy respect for the giver of life, the Creator. Death and sickness are part of the prcoess now, but soon they will be no more.

Would you like to live forever without sickness and death?

• cofty
    cofty
    This comment makes me wonder what you will think of Armageddon, when billions will die? Billlions of all ages including chldren of the wicked.

Lars - Get therapy.

Monsieur - good questions. I am busy decorating but I will think about your comment and reply later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit