Watchtower says:You can be Disfellowshiped for being FAT!!!!!

by Witness 007 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Watch 1974 p.167 "By disobediently overindulging in food and making a glutton of himself, he fails to show love for Jehovah...is food a big thing in his life? In the presence of others does he selfishly ignore their needs and take far more than his fair share? IS HE GROSSLY OVERWEIGHT? ...one who persists HAS NO PLACE IN THE CONGREGATION OF GODS PEOPLE...THEY WILL NOT INHERIT GODS KINGDOM..."

Watchtower 1978 12/15 p.9 "At a meal the gluttonous person may make it impossible for other diners to eat to satisfaction {THIS HAPPENS AT BETHEL ALOT}.....because of his greedy ways they may SHUN HIM....he may incur Gods displeasure and LOSE HIS LIFE...in the near future God will bring lawdefying GLUTTONS TO AN END.."

Fatties Elders beware! Put down that donut....how many fatty Witnesses do you know in high positions.

• scary21
    scary21

I have known many over 300 pounds. Everyone says they have a medial condition. LOL I did love going to my big fat JW weddings !

• minimus
    minimus

Proves u can be DF'd for anything.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Half of our congregation is overweight, if not obese.

• PJoseph
    PJoseph

Back in the 1960's they were talking about skirts being to short. One Hall, they made a mark near the front door. The bottom of skirts, and dresses, had to hit that mark...lol. The shorter sisters had to raise thier skirts.

There are very good people in the JW's. I pray to God he will free them.

• clarity
    clarity

PJoseph .....a big welcome here, & you are right!

>

Fat, skinny & in between these people deserve

much better!

>

Did I miss your story? I'll watch for it!

clarity

• blondie
    blondie

I never heard of anyone being df'd for that...too hard to prove...overweight does not equal gluttony. It is hard to prove slander as well.

• blondie
    blondie

Wait, I do remember an elder who was removed for being overweight. Turned out he had stomach cancer and his abdomen was huge. But they did not give him back his standing. He lost a lot of weight and died................

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

A person is obese if they weigh one more kilo than me :)

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

blondie that sounds like the typical JW "success story".

I was an elder for over 11 years and a Bethel elder for 6 - NEVER EVER was there a case for heavy eating. Although some of the Bethelites would carry TONS of food back to their rooms. No sex? EAT No drinking/smoking/drugs? EAT No Life? EAT Frustrated? EAT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit